05 roush gt500 drivetrain interior swap

jkoogler

Established Member
Started off with a built 3v turbo found a great deal on a 11 gt500 complete drivetrain with a lot of the interior and decided to pull the trigger. Basically I'm taking eveything out of the 11 and swapping it into my roush.
The car has bmr k member, streeda upper and lowers, eibach pro s2 coilovers with 14" roush stage two brakes

Steering has been converted to the Epas also
All the wiring is being transferred out of the 11 into the 05 I've got the body harness in. I had to cut a lot of connectors out of the 05 and adapt to the 11 harness. I am using 11 gt500 dash with all the gps and controls I am now in the model of swapping the ac heat box then I can install the dash. It's a long job but I enjoy everything about it. The mirror and dome lights are out of the 11. The seats are 08 cobra seats.

The body is a roush with Eleanor front bumper, hood and louvers and door vents.

It's really getting close and I thought I would share with you guys hopefully you guys enjoy it and not tear it apart since it's not a true gt500.

Right I got a lot of little things done

2011 gas pedal, mirror, fuel pumps, and then cut and solder all the old connectors to the new harness. Still need to do tailights. Getting closer still new ac heat box and then install dash but getting closer
image_zpseypcz0rk.jpg

image_zps1uw2qadf.jpg

image_zpsjpawstg6.jpg

image_zps21zlsgbq.jpg

image_zpscah7by70.jpg

jkoogler

Established Member
Thanks guys I was worried it would not be liked because it's not a gt500 but this IMO is going to be the best of both worlds with my budget. I can't afford a new gt500 out of pocket and didn't want a loan on a play toy so I decided to do this. I am going to try to see if the 05 door panels will work with the 11 dash as I don't want to change all the door wiring. But if I have to I have to. Once I get it running I will pulley and put a bigger h/x off a 14 in it but right now I just want to get it running stock so I don't have to worry about other bugs I'll have enough to work enough at the beginning. I'm soldering the led tailights out of the 11 and putting them in the 05 harness with led bulbs head lights I just took my hids that I had and wired them into the 11 hid harness. My next project is the ac heater box to swap that for dual zone and to make it work with the 11 gps heater controls I have.
image_zpshjeoipdl.jpg

Here's the car

Epas rack

image_zpsml9gp9a2.jpg

Couple random pics of progress
image_zpsjnjwhujh.jpg

Cobra seats

image_zpsdt5gents.jpg

Pro s2 coilovers

image_zpsdt5gents.jpg

image_zps92f551b3.jpg

image_zpsf6bac7d4.jpg

Imatk

Established Member
Nice project man... my car was similar, was an '06 but had the 2007 GT500 engine.

Didn't do a dash swap though but I LOVED that car... until I wrecked it :/

Nice lift in the garage! Wish I had one of those bad boys.

Users who are viewing this thread