'05 Mustang GT Suggestions....

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Hey eveyone, as some of you might have seen in the Pic/Vid section a couple months ago my uncle bought an '05 STEEDA Mustang GT vert 5-speed....
wODQxMTg1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
wODQxMTk1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
wODQxMTg5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Now it comes with a few good stuff like Intake, exhaust (CB and x-pipe)
Tri-Ax shifter, Nitto 555r's, and a bunch of suspension mods (springs, strut bar sway bars ect...)

Anyway so now he's looking for more power and hes looking into going blown :thumbsup: He's pissed that my car flat out smokes his.. :pepper: :pepper:
He is already in the process of getting 4:10's and a new TB. I'm not to good with the '05's yet but I belive there is a Procharger kit along with a Vortech kit available for these cars. My questions are:
Is there any other company that makes a blower for the 05? (Plz elaborate)
Which is the best in terms of power and dependability?
Which would you get? :coolman:

Thats pretty much it just any info on SC apps availible for his car would be great and if anyone has any suggestions on what he should do for his car next would be cool. He's just getting into mustangs really and doen't know THAT much yet so any advice would be appreciated. :beer:

Oh and I already said "GO TURBO" but he said no and he is also going to be getting a GT500 when they come out so he's true to the blue :rockon:

Thx guys!

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
nice car, what color is that? maybe a sea foam? anyway, unless he just wanted the steeda, i would have just got a normal Gt and put a blower on it. i'm sure the sucker handles great. how much did he end up paying for the thing. he probably could have just got the gt and put whatever he wanted on it and still had some left over.

nice car though.....or i was he, i would have got the terminator.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Thx for the link DBK, ill pass the info along to him.
CHIZ the color is "Legend Lime Green" like he old shelbys were. (its the rarest color on the '05's) He got the car for very cheap, his close friend works for Ford ad he was able to get the whole car OTD for under 30k (not $29,999 either :coolman: )
He liked the Steeda a lot and he is really into looks alot, hence why he got that and not a Terminator, but now im starting to get him into the power mods. :burnout:

Last edited:

tvguy

Uh, he bought it from Steeda. Not sure if they're offering their 05 Q whatever yet, but they will soon. 400hp plus with a full Ford warranty. May not get the warranty from Ford now, but their relationship with Ford is strong to put it mildly. Especially in the electronics department. Which well is rather important with the 05's. He should check with them first possibly to be "test mule"???
pacotaco

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
He mentioned something about Steeda saying they would do a Vortech kit on his car, but he didn't elaborate on it to me :shrugs:

He's going to talk to Steeda next week and see what they think he should do and then go from there but he's still looking for info on anyh and everything he can get about supercharging the '05's.

Also I suggested him to get a set of 4:10's for the car so he'd get that nice down-low kick. Are 4:10's a good ratio for the '05's or would he be better off with some 3.93's? The car is daily driven also.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
KB has a kit, I believe. Big article in the current 5.0&SF magazine.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Actually, you should check that magazine out for shits and giggles... Has quite a bit of information on modding the '05. "Getting GT500 power out of your GT." Pretty interesting articles.

Last edited:

tvguy

Cool. I'm not shoving Steeda down your throat. I've never purchased a single thing from them. But they were great in trying to find a dealer in SoCal to order an 03 Q400 for me. We didin't find one, so I bought an 03 Cobra. But they went out of their way for me for sure. I am positive he'll be happy with a blower from Steeda. And unless something has changed it will most likely be a vortech. Although I think they offer Paxton's as well now. To put it in perspective, a blown 04/05 Steeda (other companies apply as well) will walk all over a stock 03/04 Cobra. I ran one in my stock 03 Cobra. I lost from a dig, a roll, high end etc. It simply walked me. Yes, they are maxed out around 400 plus hp (weight a lot less though), whereas the cobras can easily be modified for more, but if you're looking for a 400plus hp street car, you can't go wrong with steeda or procharger or kenne bell. Check out this month's MM&FF. A detailed Kenne Bell install on an 05. I only suggest Steeda because well, his is a steeda in the first place. They will hook him up and make him very happy.
pacotaco

I f*cking hate STEEDA.
Now I know why I see Mustangs that have steeda decals all over them, I didn't think people were that dumb to put them all over their cars for nothing.

tvguy

nikemason said:
I f*cking hate STEEDA.
Now I know why I see Mustangs that have steeda decals all over them, I didn't think people were that dumb to put them all over their cars for nothing.

Cool. I hate Rouch's overpriced crap and Saleen is right behind. One person's shit is another's gold. He can go Kenne Bell. But then someone will say they are crap with shitty customer service. Where does it end?? Just get a god damn blower on that 05 is my advice.
pacotaco

lukoi

Mustang Modding Newbie
Established Member
Whipple makes one as well. I looked it up the other day on their site. 6k polished, somewhat cheaper in black standard.

I'll be getting the whipple after my next tour overseas is over, since I'll have the cash needed to do the deed by then.

Is there a Turbo for 05's? What's the benefit of going turbo over SC? I thought Turbo's took a bit longer to wind up, even with their greater potential hp.

Or am I off base there?

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
The 05 Mustangs do not have forged internals like the 03/04 Cobra's do. If you go adding too much boost your just asking for trouble, ie big bang!!!

lukoi

Mustang Modding Newbie
Established Member
03Terminator said:
The 05 Mustangs do not have forged internals like the 03/04 Cobra's do. If you go adding too much boost your just asking for trouble, ie big bang!!!

True, been talking with a shop about this very issue since my GT will eventualy be getting a SC of it's own and go past the safe HP threshhold. He's been going over exactly what needs to be changed to forged internals...not the entire set up, but enuff to make it something to save up for.

I'm blue collar after all, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread