• Wouldn't get either.

Votes: 48 15.0%

• Total voters

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
Hi. I'm New Here

I had a simialr debat with myself:

'04 Cobra or '05 GT

I came home w/ my Cobra last night! I was told the new model Cobra will not be out for about 2 years.

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Re: Hi. I'm New Here

Originally posted by Abe Abromowitz
I had a simialr debat with myself:

'04 Cobra or '05 GT

I came home w/ my Cobra last night! I was told the new model Cobra will not be out for about 2 years.

Did you "Power Lease" it?

Congrats on the purchase! :beer:

Boost Addict

Established Member
I'm actually suffering from the same dilemma.... 05 GT or 03 Cobra?

the 05 still needs a year or so to sort out its problems, there are no long term tests out on the car, are there? There could be a myriad of potential issues... and youre gonna end up paying a good amount of money on it considering its new, and it has created a buzz among enthusiasts... This car I'm pretty sure will have mark-up given its popularity... but like the Mini itll die down and you can catch one for less than sticker I'm sure...

The 03 Cobra is another story... My dad has an 03 GT, and my sister an 03 V6, I feel stupid wanting a mustang, but the aggressive looks of the fox is something you can't turn away from... just compare the cars side to side... Cobra vs 05 GT... The cobra STILL looks like a newer design... more aggressive... in my eyes, the best designed car out there, along with the G35 Coupe... A used one will run about the same as an 05 GT if not a bit less...

I'm going for the Cobra... And since I'm not in a real rush, prices will drop for 03 Cobras after the new Generation is released... Thats when I'll buy my baby in black, hopefully :)

David Paul <><

Established Member
05 GT?

Spoke to the G.M. at my local Ford dealer recently. According to him, all of the 05 GTs that come in are presold. This is pretty much the case across the Nation.

He also said that there will be a "Market Adjustment" on all unsold 05 GTs that come in for stock, which means they will be selling for several thousand dollars above list. All of the presold units were, also.

I am in agreement with many of you. There is just too much "retro" design in the 05s.

IMHO, the best looking cars on the road are 03/04 Terminators with the optional 5 spoke wheels.

BTW, someone mentioned in a post earlier on this thread that the 05 GTs will have just as much horse power as the Machs. Not so.

The Mach is officially rated at 310 HP but in actuality has 325 at the flywheel. Remember, the Mach has a much higher compression ratio than our Cobra engines or the new 3 valve, GT engines. The Mach engine is also considerably lighter than ours due to its aluminum block.

Those who are Supercharging the Mach engines are reporting 450 to 475 HP due primarily to the higher compression. Of course, the automatics do not have forged cranks, but the manuals do, None of them have beefed up pistons and rods like we do. These blown Mach engines may not hold up very well under harsh racing conditions. Time will tell.

David <><

warnermanta

Black Knight
I agree that they went a little too far with the retro look, however the boost in HP is attractive. I decided to get the '04 Cobra, wich is the "Ultimate" pure mustang

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I loved the way the 05 concept looked, and was disapointed by the way the final product veered off from that image. What is encouraging though, is that we've seen the body style look damn good in the concept version. I think Saleen, Roush, and SVT are all going to come out with some stunning versions of this platform. I'm ready for this current generation to be put to rest. I never liked they way any of them looked very much anyway (even my cobra). I'm looking forward to the future. :D

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Ok this picture did it for me. Shows the appearence potential a 2005 Stang has with some wheels, different hood, lowered, and spoiler..

I'm droolin'...

05mang.gif

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'd probably go with the 05 Mustang GT. I still like the looks of the new edge SN95 better though, but comparing car to car, as much as you can do to stabalize the SN95 chassis, the 05 Mustang GT is simply bringing more to the table in all categories.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlue'01GT
Ok this picture did it for me. Shows the appearence potential a 2005 Stang has with some wheels, different hood, lowered, and spoiler..

I'm droolin'...

05mang.gif

Damn... the car in that pic is deffinatly cooking. :eek:

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I like the '05 alot, but would never buy a first year run. I would wait a few years, and buy an '07. Between the two in the question - for the reason I just gave - I would buy the '04.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I would just like to chime in after now having owned both generation of models, GET THE 05. The car is far superior in every way to my 02 GT.

Users who are viewing this thread