05 GT engine knocking!!!

99cobrasvt

Established Member
My buddy just bought a 2005 mustang gt new 2 months ago it has 5700 km on it now, so today we took it for its first oil change at the dealer. we got it done picked up the car drove 5 minutes to the mall. When we came out and started the car it sounded like it was knocking or there was alot of "clacking"
coming from the engine/transmission area. Its a 5 speed bye the way. you can really here it when kneeling down by either front wheel not so much comming from the hood. anyway they tried to say it was the injecters and i laughted because yes they make noise but thats not the thing its doing. they made a call and got told to change the oil again hahaha so they did and it does the same so they said they have no clue and to not worry and drive it till they here of more problems. needless to say he or I will never go back there and are going to a new dealership monday.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
You Sure The Tech Who Drained The Oil Didnt Forget To Put New Oil Back In??? :dw:

It would suck if they didnt add enough oil and that burned a rod or 2.

Had the same issue with my 01 GT and they found out it was a rod knock.
Tech who diagnosed the car upon first look @ it, said it barely had any oil!

DOH! I would take that thing back to where you had the oil changed ASAP and park it in their main entrance and let them figure out what to do with it!
The more you drive it, the more time goes by, and the more they might say, you EFFED it up! :uh oh:

Good luck Bro!

99cobrasvt

Established Member
well I was there when they checked the oil after we complained about the noise although i did not see the dip stick i seen them looking at it and they put it back in right away and drove the car around. they listened to the injecters using a stethascope and also throughtout the enging compartment. it is going back to ford on tuesday, monday is a holiday here. but not to the same dealer there dumb asses and dont tell you anything. we were there for 3 hours. it took them a long time to change the oil the first time and I seen then pouring some oil in the first time (you can see in the shop) so i doubt thats what was wrong plus it wasnt buisy there so if they forgot all the oil they must be really stupid. I am just wondering if anyone has had a knocking or clacking sound comming from there 05 gt. new car and engine ya never know.

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
Cam chain tensioner?

It might be the cam chain tensioner! I was about to by an 05 GT and it had a horrible sound like that coming from the engine. I went back into the shop and watched the tech tear it down. He explained the cam chain tensioner set up to me. The cam chain tensioners are pressured by engine oil in a small cylinder and sometimes they stick closed. In this case the chain slaps around.

Users who are viewing this thread