04 z06 vs 03 cobra with cai

soonerjoe

Established Member
Hopefully Saturday night. I am not real big into street racing, but I am going to race this guy, since him and his buddies are always saying how slow cobras are.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
If you are messing with a moded Z06 you must have a KB or whipple and pulley's. IMO

LMAO...i play with heads/cam Z0hs all the time and i dont have a kenne bell, or a whipple...i dont even have a ported blower or the bottle.

shit, last time at the track i raced a heads/cam/100 shot Zoh, and ran a 6.98@98 to his 7.41@102

Jpjr

Established Member
lets face it guys.. only a pulley'd cobra stands a realistic chance of beating an '04 Z06. It all comes down to weight. Even if you win you won't pull him hard.

That's why I'm saving my pennies for the KB. When I spot a stock '04 Z06 I don't want to even worry about pulling him, that's how confident I want to be. Add a wet shot and hopefully pull an '06 Z as well, although with not nearly the confidence level.

BTW.. one good thing about our chances of pulling a new Z06 is that its almost totally bored out stock. Motor Trend said right off the kiss your not going to get much more displacement if any out of the LS7. They even had to press in the iron sleeves becuase the cylinder walls were too thin to cast.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
Jpjr said:
lets face it guys.. only a pulley'd cobra stands a realistic chance of beating an '04 Z06. It all comes down to weight. Even if you win you won't pull him hard.

That's why I'm saving my pennies for the KB. When I spot a stock '04 Z06 I don't want to even worry about pulling him, that's how confident I want to be. Add a wet shot and hopefully pull an '06 Z as well, although with not nearly the confidence level.

BTW.. one good thing about our chances of pulling a new Z06 is that its almost totally bored out stock. Motor Trend said right off the kiss your not going to get much more displacement if any out of the LS7. They even had to press in the iron sleeves becuase the cylinder walls were too thin to cast.

shit, you already have 427 cubes...who needs more displacement? :??:

better hope the guy in the 06 doesent have a bottle...hell, one of my buddies already has a deposit on a 06 Zoh, and his first mod is gonna be dual stage N20...100+100

Pyro

Established Member
11secCobra said:
shit, you already have 427 cubes...who needs more displacement? :??:

better hope the guy in the 06 doesent have a bottle...hell, one of my buddies already has a deposit on a 06 Zoh, and his first mod is gonna be dual stage N20...100+100

Wow, if it's true about the cylinder walls being thin, then a dual stage N20 set up may spell K-A-B-O-O-M!!

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
Pyro said:
Wow, if it's true about the cylinder walls being thin, then a dual stage N20 set up may spell K-A-B-O-O-M!!

its sleeved, and i bet that dual stage makes 650rwhp with a full exhaust

Jpjr

Established Member
11secCobra said:
its sleeved, and i bet that dual stage makes 650rwhp with a full exhaust

i agree though those thing walls can't be too safe. furthermore, that motor would be a bitch to supercharge. all i'm saying is that i think with a KB or Whipple we will still be getting more rwhp out of the Cobras. Especially the '07's. you gotta love ford for implenting a power-adder into the design. i guess they know thier screwed weight-wise from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread