04 TT Cobra vs supercharged 04 Z06

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
So a few weeks ago I was driving around minding my own business when a 04 Z06 was driving behind me and stopped at a red light next to me about a minute later. It was an older guy late 40's early 50's I looked over and he gave me a smerk / you drive a mustang and have no chance look. I had just put new 335/30r18 R888's on the day before and still wanted to see how well these things hook 773 FT LBS of RWTQ.

So we leave the light and to my suprize he doesnt try anything after we get to about 45 I give it a bimp on the trottle and he takes the bait. The tires almost dead hooked and I instantly pull a car and a half in 2nd gear and pull another 2 or more in 3rd and shut it down around 125 or so. He pulls up after then run and shakes his head and just looks pissed off. I wasnt able to run him again because my turn came up and he went the other way.

Got to my friends shop and told a few guys about the run and I guess they know the guy and said it was supercharged built motor heads cam ext. I was only running on my 15 psi tune with is 703RWHP 773RWTQ through an unlocked converter. I wonder what would have happened with the 22psi tune if I got traction.

My car weights 3500 due to the aluminum block, solid rear, and tubular front suspension and coilovers. mods are twin 61's, stage 3 heads, cams, FB 4r70 8.8 solid axel, supporting mods 93 octane low boost and conservative timing.

Link to 13 psi low boost

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/Gt35mr/media/20120703_222332_zps8c6715d1.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Car sounds like a beast. Nice job.

Last edited:

Quickshift_02GT

Established Member
Good kill!

I can understand the ZO6 owners frustration. It's not that he was being a prick, but more you caught him off guard and he's probably a little annoyed or disappointed. It happens. You run into a million Mstangs a day, rarely do you find one that can keep pace with a supercharged ZO6. Nice work! :rockon:

What really surprises me, is that you were nearly able to dead hook on those R888's with that kind of torque. Makes me rethink my decision to go with Nitto 555R-II's again.

Last edited:

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
Good kill!

I can understand the ZO6 owners frustration. It's not that he was being a prick, but more you caught him off guard and he's probably a little annoyed or disappointed. It happens. You run into a million Mstangs a day, rarely do you find one that can keep pace with a supercharged ZO6. Nice work! :rockon:

What really surprises me, is that you were nearly able to dead hook on those R888's with that kind of torque. Makes me rethink my decision to go with Nitto 555R-II's again.

Honestly the R888 is a awesome tire and I will always use it from now on. You should try them out. I got them at Tread Depot and they have good deals there.

But a huge factor is the suspension. I have full length subframe connectors a roll cage, a anti roll bar, team z motorsports series 1 upper and lower control arms, and strange adjustables. All that combined with the auto and the ability to no lift shift so the suspension never gets unloaded like a manual.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Honestly the R888 is a awesome tire and I will always use it from now on. You should try them out. I got them at Tread Depot and they have good deals there.

But a huge factor is the suspension. I have full length subframe connectors a roll cage, a anti roll bar, team z motorsports series 1 upper and lower control arms, and strange adjustables. All that combined with the auto and the ability to no lift shift so the suspension never gets unloaded like a manual.

You have officially talked me into trying the r888s. I have basically the same suspension setup minus the roll bar. I can't handle these 2500 mile Mickey thompsons anymore at $325 a pc.

Users who are viewing this thread