'04 Marauder, anyone test drove one yet?

nocarey

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has driven the '04 yet? The '03 I drove last year was slow off the line but had great pickup at higher speeds. The ride felt stiffer than my SHO. Any comments on the '04? Thanks for reading.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
With what I've read. With the 04 MM having Dual Knock sensors and recalaberated SP? shift points it should have better low end pick up and responsiveness. I havn't tested a 04 yet but I should see if any local Merc dealers have any as a lot of them well not order 04's due to having so many 03's sit for long periods on they'er lots. The 300A that I got sit from Sept. 2002 to March 31 2003.:eek: :eek:

Last edited:

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Just teat drove one on Monday 11/17. It does shift better than the '03 and it is a litle quicker off the line..

It does "feel" smoother.

nocarey

Established Member
thanks for the info bigdogjim

going to see one this week, looking to buy for $28k or less:-D

Last edited:

nocarey

Established Member
finally drove one yesterday, nice starting acceleration, MUCH BETTER than the 2003 I drove last year. The seats have more lateral support too. They refused my offer of $28k though.:shrug: One question I do have is. . .will the wheels accept clip on weights or are adhesive backed weights the only way to go?

nocarey

Established Member
I am amazed at how the four '04 MM's here in town have not sold yet. 2 months have gone by and they're still here.

Last edited:

Merc-O-matic

Established Member
That's nothing............
There are still over 350
2003's still sitting on
dealers lots across the
country. You can catch a new
2003 for 22K!

Gotta Love It!

SWYZ721

Established Member
At the street races I go to their was a Marauder that still had his markings from the track and it read 13.9. I thought stock 03's could hit 13.9:shrug:. 22K? Where at, what dealership?

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by SWYZ721
At the street races I go to their was a Marauder that still had his markings from the track and it read 13.9. I thought stock 03's could hit 13.9:shrug:. 22K? Where at, what dealership?

Thats Modded no doubt in my mind the quickest Stock 2003/04 is a 14.6. But a lot of people underestimate this vehicle for some reason.:shrug: :shrug: :nonono:

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Merc-O-matic
That's nothing............
There are still over 350
2003's still sitting on
dealers lots across the
country. You can catch a new
2003 for 22K!

Gotta Love It!
Did you find these #'s on a website? If so, I'd like to check it out. I only want to spend a little over 20K on a car. Thought I'd have to buy used. If I can get a new one for that price, that would be great.

SWYZ721

Established Member
Originally posted by ROADWARRIORSVT
Did you find these #'s on a website? If so, I'd like to check it out. I only want to spend a little over 20K on a car. Thought I'd have to buy used. If I can get a new one for that price, that would be great.

Bump cuz if this is true I might have just found my new car!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread