'04 MACH - Vortech / PCV Question

BM1

Established Member
If anyone has seen the Vortech setups for the Mach, they'll see that Vortech includes a steel PCV tube to replace the factory PCV tube as well as a Motorcraft EV-111 ('96-'98 Cobra) PCV valve.

I'm trying to figure out a way to run my oil separator with the setup. I spoke to another buddy that does modular work on the side and he said I should be able to just replace my stock PCV valve with the EV-111. The only issue with that is the stock PCV valve is heated and I know the EV-111 is not a heated type valve.

The ONLY reason I can think of them using the EV-111 in line with the stocker is that the EV-111 won't directly replace the OEM valve due to it being heated. I believe the purpose of including the EV-111 is to eliminate boost pressure from blowing back through the OEM PCV valve and causing unwanted crankcase pressure.

Here's a snip of the Vortech installation guide regarding the thing I'm talking about:

untitled.JPG

It's impossible to run a separator off the PCV if you use Vortech's supplied metal tube.

I have the Steeda oil separator kit in case anyone is wondering.

555-3710-lg.jpg

This is a tricky situation and I haven't gotten a direct answer from anyone I've asked. Does anyone know what the Procharger kits come with as far as PCV components on '03/'04 Mach 1s? I'm intested in comparing their solution to Vortech's solution.

The ultimate goal is to retain the PCV system and incorporate my Steeda oil separator. The last resort is to not use my separator and just hook it up as Vortech describes in their instructions, but I'm open to suggestions here!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
just replace the metal tube with 3/8 fuel line hose. Stick the smaller hose into the 5/8 hose and put clamps on it. It will work great and no leaks, thats how I have mine. Its not the ideal way but ive had mine like that for almost a year with no problems....

BM1

Established Member
Can you show me the fuel line you used?

I'm looking at the Earl's line and I don't see it.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Its kind of hard to see but this is the best pic I have. I can take another in the morning. If you look right next to the IAC valve you can see I have the rubber fuel line just stuck inside the rubber elbow. You can do the same with your 5/8 line. I just went to the parts store and asked for it.
blower007gu5.jpg

The ideal way would be to use install AN fittings and use braided lines. You could weld one of the fittings to your 5/8-3/8 union, and then you would have to find one of the fittings that would fit the threads on your intake manifold. Use 2 more fittings on the air/oil seperator. So total of 4 fittings. Heres a pic of what I mean....
Photo_052807_003.jpg
[/IMG]

BM1

Established Member
Interesting...

I haven't taken my PCV line off yet to see if it's threaded at the manifold.

It's too bad Vortech gives you such a shitty setup.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
yea. I like the fact that their blowers are reliable and make good power but thats about it. I hate calling their tech line. Sometimes they can give bad info too. They were wrong about my belt size...

BM1

Established Member
Is regular vacuum/PCV hose strong enought to withstand boosted situations?

I talked to another guy and I'll probably end up running regular 3/8" vacuum tubing from the PCV to the separator then from the separator to the manifold.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I havent had any problems with boost leak or anything on mine. Just make sure the hose that you are using is stiff and will not collapse under the vaccum. Thats the only problem I kept having the first time I did it.

Users who are viewing this thread