04 guage cluster/lights

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
its been about a month. Sorry that I did not respond sooner. I am not on this forum very often.

I just tried changing out the headlight switch in the hopes that it would fix my guage light issue. Did not help. They have not been working for a while now.

For a few months, the guage backlighting was intermittently failing. It seemed to be pretty random. For the last few weeks, they are out completely.

I am trying to get my cluster out now. It does not seem to look anything like other guage cluster I see posted. And yes, its an all original 04 cobra, and I am the original owner.

First-things first, I got it almost out. I got the two square/rectangular terminals unpluged. Now there is a thick yellow wire that goes into the back of the right side. I cant figure out how to disconnect it. I don't want to yank to hard and break something. It his a unique cobra thing? How to you remove/unplug it.

Also any help on trouble shooting my guage light problem would be great!

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
From my understanding, the type of film that our gauge cluster uses, when it goes out it's out. Mine went out and I had to replace my cluster. There's no bulb or anything, it's a film that when you hit it with a current causes it to glow.

NewDuuude

Established Member
its been about a month. Sorry that I did not respond sooner. I am not on this forum very often.

I just tried changing out the headlight switch in the hopes that it would fix my guage light issue. Did not help. They have not been working for a while now.

For a few months, the guage backlighting was intermittently failing. It seemed to be pretty random. For the last few weeks, they are out completely.

I am trying to get my cluster out now. It does not seem to look anything like other guage cluster I see posted. And yes, its an all original 04 cobra, and I am the original owner.

First-things first, I got it almost out. I got the two square/rectangular terminals unpluged. Now there is a thick yellow wire that goes into the back of the right side. I cant figure out how to disconnect it. I don't want to yank to hard and break something. It his a unique cobra thing? How to you remove/unplug it.
Boost tube, yank it out.

In case anyone still cares to know.

Also any help on trouble shooting my guage light problem would be great!

Red^

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
ive had this issue also i swapped the inverter and still nothing i changed out to another motherboard and all is well good luck

Users who are viewing this thread