'04 focus svt, abs and brake light on and some times tc light need help

mrairrikk

so ive been running my car with the abs and brake light on and the tc light coming on intermittently, for quite a while now doesnt seem to affect driving, getting ready to take it to the dealer to get fixed , just not sure what the problem.
no codes come up on my pocket scanner. from the research ive done, looks like it could be a bad abs module or bad wheel speed sensor, i cant tell which one of course , and at $100 a corner i hope the dealership can.

has any one else run into these sypmtoms and found a fix ?

MustangMatt77

Established Member
I just purchased an 04 and the abs and ebrake light stays on - I'd be glad to know what you find out.

I've checked both wheel sensors, fuse and relay for the abs and they look good, so I need help too.

Steve@Tasca

I just purchased an 04 and the abs and ebrake light stays on - I'd be glad to know what you find out.

I've checked both wheel sensors, fuse and relay for the abs and they look good, so I need help too.

Did you check the rears? Do you know if anyone swapped any bearings? Pretty common for a front bearing to be put in backwards or a rear tone ring to be left off.

MustangMatt77

Established Member
I'll have to check, I did notice fluid on the floorboard and the res was empty which means clutch master cylinder replacement - so that may fix or not but I'll check the rear while it's upon jacks.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread