04 Eaton on a 99GT Possible?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I searched for a bit but was unable to find an answer to the question. A friend with a 99GT would like to know what is involved / what is needed to install my Eaton on his GT.

Figuring that I will be completing some major upgrades soon, he will have my Eaton, injectors, stock HE, Stock IC tank, and Stock TB and intake. I know he will have to buy all the hoses, and pump for the IC.

Are there many other obstacles such as wiring harness, specific brackets, and possible relocation, of accesories Ect? Just not sure of the specifics.

IMO, Obviously he can go with a nitrous setup and get where he want's to be. But he asked the question so I was curious if anyone has done this before.

Thanks in advance for your input :beer:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
There's been a lot of threads on this.... It can be done but the $ and trouble to do it just isn't really worth it... your buddy would be much better off getting a blower made for his car... i ran into the same scenario when i switched my blower.. i had a friend who wanted to do the same thing with my eaton but after i did some research and talked with some people about it, the popular consensus ended up being not a good idea.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
He will Need to have the motor build for sure. I guess maybe if you get a blower with something lower than 6 psi you can do it. Other than that he will blow his pistons out the bottom of the block. BIg Money!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
03silversvt said:
He will Need to have the motor build for sure. I guess maybe if you get a blower with something lower than 6 psi you can do it. Other than that he will blow his pistons out the bottom of the block. BIg Money!

That any he needs 4V heads to make it work.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Thanks for the input! Did not think about the heads. Sounds as if No2 is his best bet. He has a 88gt with a Pro Charged motor built by Rich Groh and completely assembled by JPC Racing.

He was just looking to boost power for his DD and without knowing it was worth asking the question.

Thanks!

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
There must be something in the air about Eatons for GT's, Mustang GT that is not the Ford GT :lol:

There is a fellow posting on a local board as a "guest" ( hum, does that seem strange?), selling a brand new Eaton 112 of a '01 Cobra???? for 99-04 Mustang GT's.

So I thought I would fish a little and asked if it is a straight bolt on.

His reply is that yes, you need to buy a lower intake and a few items but it just bolts on. Claims to have gotten all required parts for under $100 off E-bay :bs: Oh and it only cost him $400 can to get it installed at a "real good" shop.

Well I asked if I could get pics of his setup. Just going to bait him for a little while longer.

I am guessing he has either no mechanical abilities or he is pulling a bit of a scam. My money goes on the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread