04 Cobra which nitrous kit????

04 svt

Established Member
Hey everyone i need some help, im putting a nitrous kit on my 04 cobra. i was debating between the nos plate kit or a nx efi kit. I like nx a little bit better then nos, but want your opinion. pros and cons of either set up is welcome. thanks

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
in my worthless oppinion, i think the NOS system is a little better. ive allways liked plate systems as opposed to nozzle systems, and i like the fact that you dont have to drill into your intake. when i upgrade from my little dry 90, i'll be getting the plate kit, only it will have its own little fuel system to go with it :beer:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I'd like to know too. I like the plate, but NOS has no warranty on their solenoids. Maybe use their plate with someone elses kit.

Blk04Svt

Established Member
I have the Nos kit. Install was really easy and it seems to work really well. I
am running the 125 shot. Best part is you can use the stock computer
tune. It's in the instructions, and I verified it with NOS. The only non Nos
part is my Zex Purge Solenoid. I can put the car sideways at 60mph when the
nitrous hits.

03InThe11s

Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
I'd like to know too. I like the plate, but NOS has no warranty on their solenoids. Maybe use their plate with someone elses kit.

its a solenoid. you can rebuild them on the cheap if something goes wrong with them, and its not like they are real complicated devices.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Blk04Svt, what other mods u running and what kinda pwr. do u make?

04MystiCobra, I've never seen the dynotunes kit. Is it a wet or dry kit? Plate or fogger nozzle?

03InThe11s, That's true, but with other companies like NX or Compucar they will replace them no questions asked. I've always run nitrous on my fox mustangs and for some reason had more trouble with Nos solenoids than anyone elses. In fact on the last set up had so many go bad, we ended up just getting some from compucar.

Last edited:

03InThe11s

Established Member
i can see your point, guess im lucky i've never had one go bad on me. my only problems with my soleniods is my faulty wiring :)

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
04Mysti, thanks for the info and link. Looks like a pretty nice kit. The remote bottle opener they sell looks like a nice piece too. Another thing I'm gonna have to check into is my computer situation. My computer was flash tuned. No programmer or chip. Looks like I'll be spending some more money at dyno getting tuned. I think I am a horsepower addict. Do they have a support group for that?

Blk04Svt

Established Member
I have the NOS kit set at 125 shot. I also running a Steeda 2.8 pulley,Steeda
CAI, full SLP exhaust. On motor alone I make 455rwhp,470rwtq. On spray I
make 540rwhp,620rwtq.

Users who are viewing this thread