04 Cobra vs 06 clk500

MrMason

Established Member
Ran my friends clk500 tonight which is completely stock, actually a pretty quick car, almost keeps up with my dads slk55amg from a roll. Anyways we did several races, first from a roll at about 50mph, I was in 2nd gear, let him get the jump, he jumped out a car or so, so I floored it, came even top of second, shifted into 3rd, walked away, had maybe 4 cars on him by the top of third and then shifted to fourth for maybe 2 seconds and couldn't really count how many lengths I put on him.

We did this 2 more times with the same result. Next race was from a dig (just got my nitto 315 DR's installed) so this is my first time launching on these tires and only 3rd time ever trying to launch the car period. I hit it pretty well and pulled an instant 2 cars on him, short shifted into second and pulled for another second and shut it down a good distance in front of him.

I know it's not much of a race, but it's nice to see what this can do! He has raced a few E46 M3's, new 335's, new edge cobra, friends cl-s I talked about in another thread, and always gets them off the jump and will keep pulling. He said this was the first time he has ever gotten such a beating haha. He was talking about trading his mercedes in for a cobra.

By the way I know these tires aren't the best by any means, but god they hook wonderfully on the street with my power level, I can slam it in 1st gear at any rpm and it will just hook.

TVSCobra

Established Member
CLK 500? Are you sure? Those are really slow..only 302hp 339 torque and heavy.

Last edited:

MrMason

Established Member
what tires you got? what power lvl you at?

315 nitto 555r 17" Car has intake/catback/2.8 pulley no aux idler so it's slipping and not sure about the tune. I didn't even know it had a pulley until a few days ago. Just got the car and the previous owner said it was on the stock pulley, so I pulled the pulley cover off and measured it and found it was indeed a steeda 2.8 pulley. I did buy an aux idler, and I am going to the dyno to see how the tune is next week. Hopefully if it has an alright tune I'll be around 450rwhp/tq

CLK 500? Are you sure? Those are really slow..only 302hp 339 torque and heavy.

Yep I'm sure, it's my friends car. It's honestly not that slow, and the 7-speed auto helps. I mean I knew I was going to beat him, and it was pretty ugly, he just wanted to see how it would do.

Race one of the S65 AMGs they are pretty quick ;)

I really want to race the CLK 63 AMG. Saw a guy run an 11.95 @116 completely stock, which would be a good race for a nicely tuned pullied cobra I think.

Users who are viewing this thread