04 Cobra question

toby

How meany of you 04 owners if any have blue smoke at startup? I know this is not a fun subject but I am trying to get some info to get Ford to do something about the problem. Any replies would be appreciated.

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
I have read on here that someone got a recall notice from ford about that, but my 04 has never had that problem.

Gxsa140

Established Member
No problems here, but another '04 in the dealership did have blue smoke upon start up.........don't what Ford did with it though.

sam

Established Member
if it's a brand new car, an easy check of the oil level to see if it's over filled from the factory.

Emil

Established Member
I had it twice. I noticed when I would just move my car out of the carport, shut it off, start it up a bit later (to wash it). The driveway has an small incline and the car was positioned with the nose up. When I installed my CAI I did notice some oil sitting right at the input of the throttle body, I attributed it to that. With the CAI the vent tube goes up at a more severe angle and I'm thinking this is stopping the puff of smoke now. I've changed oil once so far (3K) and haven't noticed it burning any. It scared the crap out of me when I first saw it because I pretty much baby the thing ! Hasn't happened since. Good luck with yours.

toby

Thanks for the replies. Anyone else? CobraZb if you could remember the post that would be great. There has got to be a fix for this, just trying to get FORD to get up and do it, same with the stall, the tick, the vibe etc.

toby

Thanks for the replies, keep em coming! My idea for this is that Ford may have came up with a fix that they are not sharing with everyone. {No, I don't think I'am paranoid} Maybe a little

RossSVT

Established Member
No smoke here. Even after sitting for a week at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread