04 Cobra IRS upgrade advice

dezracer

Well, I finally ordered my MM fulllength sub-frame connectors. I have also installed the billit-flo diff cover brace.

My question is .....is the full bushing\IRS kit ($1,000) from maximun motorsports worth it? They said the the whole assembly needs to be dropped for install of all the parts so Im guessing the Labor is going to be high. What can I expect?

And lastly if there was just one, or maybe two things you were going to do "bang for the buck" what would you do? Bushings some where???? Upper/lower control arm bushings?? Aluminum Diff bushings???

I thought in 04 Ford perfromed some decent upgrades to the IRS.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
If you haven't already done so, check out Postban's 'red pill.' That should get you what you want, short of trying the full MM kit.

apache driver

Established Member
Depends on how much wheel hop you are getting now and how much money you want to spend. I did the full red pill and I definitely think it was worth it, but I did all the labor myself. Since you have a coupe that is less prone to wheel hop, I'll give you an alternative. Install MM poly subframe bushings, 14mm front subframe bolts, billet flow irs brackets, and H&R race springs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread