04 cobra- idling hgiher than normal. pnp inlet, sc and tb

MayoSVT

Just slithering through
Established Member
2004 Cobra--Issue of high idle with stock tb, ported sc and other kinds of things.

Issue I am having is-------

Idle at normal op temp is around 950-1000. Occasionally the idle will drop to 750 with a small stab of the throttle. When I come to a light/stop, push in the clutch, idle will jump to 1250-1500 and i will have to poke the throttle in order to have it drop down to 950-1000.

My mods are 2.76 pulley, jlt gen 1, ported s/c, polished tb and inlet, 2.5" exhaust, egr delete, and a mafia. could the tune from indiana need to be adjusted for south carolina?

Another issue--

alternator is a possible cause-- rev the engine up to about 4k, dash lights and radio display flicker. Sounds like volt reg is failing. Now could a bad alternator cause high idle issues? I have seen low idle issues but is it possible for high idle?

I know, several questions, just looking for some help ;)

I have an sct xcal3, with the custom tune uploaded from the prebvious tuner. Seems like this issue has about since I started playing around and uploading different tunes. how can that be though, even if i uploaded the correct tune that was from the tuner previously? w.t.f

Thanks, MayoSVT

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
The tune doesn't need to be adjusted for a different region, this isn't the good old days of carbs.

I'd search Malcolmv8 and see if you can find his instructions for setting the idle on a SBTB. If you do that and it doesn't improve the idle the TB is probably junk, as SBTB's can be hit or miss.

Users who are viewing this thread