04 clutch question

mjrichar

Established Member
I am about to buy a new 04 coupe and the dealer gave it to me until Monday (good negotiation skills!!) while I think about the price. This would be my first manual transmission car and have a question about the clutch. It seems like a lot of muscle to push in the clutch all the time. Will the clutch require less effort as the car is driven more (150 miles so far)? Maybe the cable will relax some??

I'm sure this is just part of driving a stick, huh.:coolman:

By the way, I have the price below invoice with 0%:beer:

Thanks for the input.

mjrichar

Established Member
I have driven the 03's and I agree that clutch is heavy! I'm going to run through a tank of gas tomorrow and see how I feel about it.

CodeBlueMD

Established Member
I'm shopping in Chicago for an '04 coupe...would you mind telling me what you were able to ge t them down to in the indy area?

Thanks,
Brendan

CodeBlueMD

Established Member
I found a bunch of dealers at invoice, 3 at a couple of hundred below invoice, and 1 at $500 below, but it was for a cobra with almost 200 mi of test drives, which I was not interested in. Did you calculate that you would save more with the 0% on financing costs, than with the $3k rebate?

Brendan

mjrichar

Established Member
Brendan
I figured to get the same monthly payment as 0% with no rebate, I would need the $3000 rebate and 2.9%. I was offered 5.25% which doesn't cut it. Getting 0% is the only way I could get into a new one!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
mine is stiff and i have about 2300 miles on mine....but personally i am a fan of the stiff clutch. You will get used to it after about a week though, don't let the feel of the clutch be the deciding factor for you purchasing a terminator!

Rio

Originally posted by mjrichar
Brendan,
The best I could get was $33406, $200 below invoice with 0% for 72 months. What are they going to in Chicago?

whoah, thats way high...i paid 32,500 back in march....

you should be in the neighborhood of 30-31....dont let your impulses buy the car......just some advice :)

mjrichar

Established Member
You're kidding!?
I thought "below invoice" was typically the best deal (without rebates included). I saw the invoice. It was $32092 plus ~$1500 with destination and chromies. What does the dealer actually pay? Below the "invoice"? How much below?

Rio

depends on the dealer, but you should be able to find an 04 for less than that....

if i were 04 shopping right now i wouldnt sign anything for less than 30.....this time last year you could get an 03 for 28.5.......

dont let them jack you around....

#1 rule of negotiation, you have to have the balls to walk away from table....

Users who are viewing this thread