04 6r80 swap cobra

98termiswap

Established Member
waiting for someone to report back that has arh 1 7/8 and 3 inch mid pipe that can verify it clears

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
waiting for someone to report back that has arh 1 7/8 and 3 inch mid pipe that can verify it clears
I need to know this as well!
Plus just to let people know, Motec (Fischer Motorsports) has a standalone M130 package to control the 6r80 behind any engine combination. Tons of features and abilities and can be tied into any engine management system over CANbus (MS3 Pro, FAST, etc).
Most likely the route I will go if I swap my 4r70w out for the 6r80.

Ken

rymax101

Established Member
I have kooks 1 3/4 with 3inch mid xpipe and with the shrader trans mount it is perfect. No issues

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I have kooks 1 3/4 with 3inch mid xpipe and with the shrader trans mount it is perfect. No issues

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had 1 7/8's" Kooks and matching 3" Xpipe, and the shrader TM. When I was seeing/looking if they cleared. I got in touch with Mr Shrader and asked if it would clear the kooks. he replied I don't know for sure as he was running ARH's. But he was pretty sure it would fit since his did. which you can see if you go to his website and look at his trans mount pics. I'm 99% sure he said there were 1 3/4's w/ matching 3" xpipe.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
I need to know this as well!
Plus just to let people know, Motec (Fischer Motorsports) has a standalone M130 package to control the 6r80 behind any engine combination. Tons of features and abilities and can be tied into any engine management system over CANbus (MS3 Pro, FAST, etc).
Most likely the route I will go if I swap my 4r70w out for the 6r80.

Ken
ken, the M130, is that similar to the us shift? it just does the transmission? or do you have to remove the factory ecu?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
M130 is Motec ECU that also has trans control. Real Street Performance in Florida is doing recent work on that as well but Motec is $$$$
-J

stangfreak

Established Member
ahh ok. yea we cant use that here in NY. we still need the factory ecu when plugging in for emission. so many horror stories with the us shift quick 6. I wish there was a way to piggy back the stock ecu only for emission purposes and have another ecu control everything else. That would even help if someone has a lets say a 2003 mustang GT and wants to do a coyote swap.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
ahh ok. yea we cant use that here in NY. we still need the factory ecu when plugging in for emission. so many horror stories with the us shift quick 6. I wish there was a way to piggy back the stock ecu only for emission purposes and have another ecu control everything else. That would even help if someone has a lets say a 2003 mustang GT and wants to do a coyote swap.
They have an M130 standalone transmission package. No need or reason to remove the factory ECU. The factory ECU will still control the engine and emissions stuff and the M130 will control the 6r80.
They do have a package that will control the trans and engine but I believe it uses the M150 ECU.

Ken

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s a $8000 set up with converter I paid $5500 plus shipping I’ll take $5000 shipped bottom dollar or I’ll just keep it. Was hoping it would go to good use.
-J

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Damn I wish my motor was done already! The last piece of the puzzle once it is for me is a built 6r80. Then this car is done!
Thats a great price for what you’re selling! Somebody’s gonna snag it.

Users who are viewing this thread