04 6r80 swap cobra

paulstang347

Established Member
Quick update. Weather has improved and actually took car out for first drive ( no vid yet). Had a few bugs to work out as i only had first gear. Grabbed my labtop( get one they say you dont need one but so much better and can see whats going on with car) opened the tune found i had wrong input for rpm signal. Easy fix. Uploaded new tune and went for a drive all gears shift and turbo spooling so fast. Untill..... white smoke. Ohh crap well turns out i somehow got a rock in between fan and radiatorand put a hole in radiator . Cause why not. So just got car back together and fixed. Will be driving this weekend and grab a video. Also connecting my manuel shift before hand . Quick note for thoes using this feature it says you need to connect pin 5 together in controller. It is already done no need to open it up. Ill update after this weekend. Love it so far

paulstang347

Established Member
Alright boys all tuned and ready to beat on it. First impressions HOLY CRAP. Thought my car was fast before. Drivability is top notch, shifts like it was suppose to have this transmission from factory. Would i do it again ? Absolutely without a doubt. The tuneability of this controller is out of this world i actually had to move shift points so it wouldn't shift on the dyno . Was pretty cool he was tuning car as i was tuning the transmission on the dyno cant say ever experienced that before. I am having a few issues with speedometer so i just ran it to the ABS sensor. You and i repeat You need a tach adaptor. Transmission has no idea what you are doing with out it. So nice having overdrive. 3.73 gears and 2100 rpm on the interstate cant complain. If you are on the fence for auto swap i suggest you look hard at 6r80 swap. Car made 750 rwhp on dyno. Has more in it but maxed MAF so left it there on 20psi. Here is my video i have been promising. Please excuse me dropping my phone it was a small price to pay for keeping the car on the road.

MG0h3

Established Member
That’s great man awesome job. Must have for a good turbo car.

Still factory long block and what kit?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

paulstang347

Established Member
Stock engine. ON3 kit with upgraded 7675 precision, intercooler and clamps. Building a high compression one for when this one goes but that is a different thread.

MG0h3

Established Member
Sweet. Any figment issues or hinky crap?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

paulstang347

Established Member
I didn't have any issues putting mine in. Bolted right up. i have heard others not be that lucky but even if i did i am pretty sure i could have fabricated something.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
So you went from 740hp with the T56 to 750hp with the 6R80, with no other mods?

What did you mean by "I just ran it to the ABS sensor" for the speedometer?

paulstang347

Established Member
So you went from 740hp with the T56 to 750hp with the 6R80, with no other mods?

What did you mean by "I just ran it to the ABS sensor" for the speedometer?

I changed setups while auto swap. Went from mach 1 intake and 84mm On3 Turbo to a sullivan intake and precision 7675.
I should have been more clear on the speedometer. I took the original connector for the outputshaft shaft sensor and connected it to left front wheel speed sensor for abs. I do not have abs due to my 35spine axles in the back. Here is a good write up
http://www.highperformancestangs.co...vert-and-ABS-Sensor-into-a-Speedometer-Sensor

stangfreak

Established Member
awesome videos!!

I still have to drop off my cobra for the 6R swap. mustang magic has all my stuff written down and ready to be ordered

Users who are viewing this thread