04 5dr red eap svt focus

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
04 5dr red eap svt focus FRESH PICS!!!!

great car just cant shake the v8 bug, its 1 of 22 bright red eap package with all black leather. when I bought it from wayne ackers ford last fall it came with an aem cai, braided brake lines, was told it had an eibach suspension but couldnt verify (looked for markings) and a predator. I installed a steeda short throw shifter, bought the 5 piece svt floor mat set from redline tuning and had tom's tune from focus power installed. I also had the windows tinted to 15%. it has 35,000 miles and I run amsoil oil and filter with amoco gas. title in hand (clear) and Im looking for $12900. the car is in the upstate of south carolina. Ill try to get some pics when the weather clears up.

Last edited:

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
I know someone looking for a 5 door I'll pass this on, good luck with the sale.

shlbygt

Established Member
lots of lookers but no posters.. whats the problem? price too high? wrong location?

Focus guys are typically young and cheap.
Given the current money climate I would doubt many who would want the car could get a loan for it or have the cash to buy it.
I’ve seen a number of EAP’s for sale recently where the seller just wants to get rid of the payments, yet they still owe $9K+ on it and bought the car new. Yikes, talk about a bad loan.
At this point it your car is a five year old Focus in a depressed market even though it is one of the rarest and has low mileage. It is exactly what I was looking for in June 2005 when I bought my 2004 red five door, non EAP, new from a dealer in Upstate NY who had it on his lot for over 18 months.
You might find a buyer at $10k but most likely you'd need to go below that. If I were in the market for another one I’d offer ~$9k.
I have a breakdown of the values from Manheim Auctions for the 2003 model SVT’s and they are showing nationwide five doors at a high of $5787 for a 45k mile car to a low of $2679 for a 94k mile car. This was from a six vehicle sample from the January 1st of this year to the present.
From January 08 to November 08 Manheim sold 14 vehicles with an average price ranging from $6K in January to $5k in November.
On average the three door SVT's are bringing $800 to $1000 less than the five doors.
Last year I picked up a really nice 03 five door with ~60k miles equipped with everything except the Recaros and EAP wheels but with a JRSC for $9k.
As another example I just picked up a 2002 SVT yesterday to use as a track car for $2500 at auction that is in decent condition.

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
^^I hope people who see those prices you posted won't be expecting to pick one up at that price here. People need to understand those are car auction prices which are always as cheap as can be and that only people with dealer licenses can attend. They won't allow some focus kid off the street in to bid on them with those prices.

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
all of the svtf's on ebay ARE selling really low. and they arent moving very fast. BUT, they are mostly 3 door cars and the ones that are 5 doors arent eaps. Ive seen this and I paid cash for my car so it isnt costing me anything to sit in the driveway or to shuttle me back and forth to work. someone looking for a rare one will come along eventually, but Im not just going to give it away.

shlbygt

Established Member
^^I hope people who see those prices you posted won't be expecting to pick one up at that price here. People need to understand those are car auction prices which are always as cheap as can be and that only people with dealer licenses can attend. They won't allow some focus kid off the street in to bid on them with those prices.

I used auction prices since I had them available. They provide quantifiable values based on 47 actual vehicles sold over the past 12 months instead of anecdotal values or opinions of value that often pop up on web forums and then pass for facts.
The average person may not be able to purchase at an auction but they do provide a buyer with a number to work from if they found a car at a dealer.
For example, the average cost for (six) ~67K mile five doors sold this January nationwide is $4200. I have no idea on the condition or the options of these vehicles.
A quick look at dealer cars listed on AutoTrader shows similar mileage cars with asking prices between $8k to $10k, a mark up of ~$3800 to $5800 over the six cars sold at auction. That is quite a bit of bargaining room.

shlbygt

Established Member
all of the svtf's on ebay ARE selling really low. and they arent moving very fast. BUT, they are mostly 3 door cars and the ones that are 5 doors arent eaps. Ive seen this and I paid cash for my car so it isnt costing me anything to sit in the driveway or to shuttle me back and forth to work. someone looking for a rare one will come along eventually, but Im not just going to give it away.

I'd drive it and enjoy it.
I love that I can average up to 33mpg commuting and yet throw on a set of track tires to have fun on a road course too.
I originally didn't like the looks of the Focus when they came out and felt the SVT's were too expensive (for a Focus). After sitting in the passenger seat of a dozen or so SVT's while instructing at a bunch of SVTOA track events, I found my next daily driver. When I bought mine there were only two new five doors left in the country. A silver HID, Audiofile, sunroof in Texas and a red Winter Package, sunroof in Messina NY. I bet on red.

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
what sort of set up gets you 33 mpg? the best mine does with a shift at 2000 and skipping 3rd and 5th only gets me 29.

shlbygt

Established Member
what sort of set up gets you 33 mpg? the best mine does with a shift at 2000 and skipping 3rd and 5th only gets me 29.

Box stock with a very even throttle while cruising and a ScanGauge. With winter gas and cool weather it drops to between 30 & 31.
You would be amazed at how much you can roll out of the throttle and still maintain a steady speed.

Stevarino8

Established Member
EAPs are sure purty, I am looking for a Scream Yellow or Comp Orange 2004 3 Door. I will leave the 5 doors for the family man.

Regarding the SVT in upstate NY discussed earlier in the thread, it was one of the final three left in the Northeast. There was one Yellow EAP in the Boston Area, the Red Non-EAP one in Upstate NY (by the Canadian Border) and the first one to go of the three a Silver non-EAP in Central NJ. I bought the latter, and the Yellow was purchased shortly thereafter. I remember the red one was still outatanding a little while after. The Messina, NY reference jogged my memory!

Last edited:

thekos

Established Member
Focus guys are typically young and cheap.
Given the current money climate I would doubt many who would want the car could get a loan for it or have the cash to buy it.
I’ve seen a number of EAP’s for sale recently where the seller just wants to get rid of the payments, yet they still owe $9K+ on it and bought the car new. Yikes, talk about a bad loan.
At this point it your car is a five year old Focus in a depressed market even though it is one of the rarest and has low mileage. It is exactly what I was looking for in June 2005 when I bought my 2004 red five door, non EAP, new from a dealer in Upstate NY who had it on his lot for over 18 months.
You might find a buyer at $10k but most likely you'd need to go below that. If I were in the market for another one I’d offer ~$9k.
I have a breakdown of the values from Manheim Auctions for the 2003 model SVT’s and they are showing nationwide five doors at a high of $5787 for a 45k mile car to a low of $2679 for a 94k mile car. This was from a six vehicle sample from the January 1st of this year to the present.
From January 08 to November 08 Manheim sold 14 vehicles with an average price ranging from $6K in January to $5k in November.
On average the three door SVT's are bringing $800 to $1000 less than the five doors.
Last year I picked up a really nice 03 five door with ~60k miles equipped with everything except the Recaros and EAP wheels but with a JRSC for $9k.
As another example I just picked up a 2002 SVT yesterday to use as a track car for $2500 at auction that is in decent condition.

find one and hook a brother up at these prices i got cash ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread