04 2.3 Whipple Cobra vs 17 Camaro SS

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Today was a very nice day for a ride in the Cobra, so I broke it out of the garage for one of it's last cruises before it goes away for the winter. This thing has a WOT box and other goodies that I'm trying to figure out how to drive. So, I'm out and about with my 2.3 whippled SRA 3.73 car pushing 600 to the wheels when this young man comes up in a left turn lane with his new Camaro SS and wants to get in front of me. I acknowledge him to come over and my dumbass didn't realize at first that he wanted to run. Stupid me.

So, I'm in the left lane and he's in front of me. He gets over to the right lane and slows down... okay, so now I get what's going on. Very well, then. I look around for a sec to ensure we are in a good spot and then downshift into second gear to go. He says 'go' and hits the throttle. I immediately have to pedal out of second and into third, fighting for traction as he disappears beside me. I get to about 90, then I catch up to traffic. I slow down and then he comes up beside me. He's yelling across the lane, "What do you have done?" I responded "2.3 Whipple!". At that point, he tries to jump away from me and not thinking, I forget I'm in 4th, so I hit it in 4th and still manage to pull him by half a car.

After that, I motion for him to pull over into a gas station because I'm generally curious of his car. Turns out he had a 2017 Camaro SS, 8 speed auto. From what he told me it has 400-something rear wheel.

The best part, though, was seeing the look on his face when he got out of his car. It was almost indescribable- like a cross between seeing Jesus and running over his dog. I introduced myself and we began to chat about the cars. He was like a kid at Christmas looking at the old snake. He was more interested in my car than telling me about his. So, I eventually walked him back to his car and asked about the SS. He just bought it and had 4,000 miles. He seemed a little frustrated and asked how he did- I said, "not bad- you're car is super nice." I didn't have the heart to tell him that I can't drive this monster yet- LOL!

We shook hands and parted ways. SS Camaro.... TERMINATED.. All I can say is- He asked for it.

Thanks for reading, guys.

HOSTIL

Established Member
First... very nice KILL!!!

Second..... As a previous owner, I LOVE TERMY's!!! I'm looking for a new stang and I like the idea of a new GT auto with a procharger!!!! but all to often consider going with another terminator????

stangfreak

Established Member
The terminator can still do work. I remember when I did 3.73 gears on my cobra and took it out that night to have some fun. I had a 2.3 whipple back then on 21lbs. some guy in a camaro wanted to run. He told me bolt on's, cam, whatever. I think I used only two gears that night. second gear and the top of third at let off. It was a blood bath. I kinda felt bad.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
The terminator can still do work. I remember when I did 3.73 gears on my cobra and took it out that night to have some fun. I had a 2.3 whipple back then on 21lbs. some guy in a camaro wanted to run. He told me bolt on's, cam, whatever. I think I used only two gears that night. second gear and the top of third at let off. It was a blood bath. I kinda felt bad.

Very Nice!

Well, the guy SAID he ran a couple Cobras recently and didn't lose. He said that's why he chased me down (I guess to notch his belt with another Cobra kill). Maybe they were NA cars :shrug:

He didn't seem to know anything about the 03-04 Cobra when I was talking to him... I suppose he drove away a little more informed.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Very Nice!

Well, the guy SAID he ran a couple Cobras recently and didn't lose. He said that's why he chased me down (I guess to notch his belt with another Cobra kill). Maybe they were NA cars :shrug:

He didn't seem to know anything about the 03-04 Cobra when I was talking to him... I suppose he drove away a little more informed.

He may be like a lot of people that assume all Cobras are supercharged.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I ran one at the end of summer, it was a M6, but had headers\full exhaust and likely intake and a tune. I pulled but it was very different from when I've ran 5th gen SS's. I would say I only had him by 1.5 cars by top of 4th. I was impressed for sure. Anyone in a bolt on Coyote will lose to a bolt on 6th gen SS

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
HA HAAAAAAAAA
Good kill!! Like you said,.......he asked for it. lol

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
A friend of mine with a 2011 FBO/Paxton coyote and I lost (when I only had a pulley and intake) to a FBO E85 16 Camaro. Those LT1's move out.

B-STANK

Today was a very nice day for a ride in the Cobra, so I broke it out of the garage for one of it's last cruises before it goes away for the winter. This thing has a WOT box and other goodies that I'm trying to figure out how to drive. So, I'm out and about with my 2.3 whippled SRA 3.73 car pushing 600 to the wheels when this young man comes up in a left turn lane with his new Camaro SS and wants to get in front of me. I acknowledge him to come over and my dumbass didn't realize at first that he wanted to run. Stupid me.

So, I'm in the left lane and he's in front of me. He gets over to the right lane and slows down... okay, so now I get what's going on. Very well, then. I look around for a sec to ensure we are in a good spot and then downshift into second gear to go. He says 'go' and hits the throttle. I immediately have to pedal out of second and into third, fighting for traction as he disappears beside me. I get to about 90, then I catch up to traffic. I slow down and then he comes up beside me. He's yelling across the lane, "What do you have done?" I responded "2.3 Whipple!". At that point, he tries to jump away from me and not thinking, I forget I'm in 4th, so I hit it in 4th and still manage to pull him by half a car.

After that, I motion for him to pull over into a gas station because I'm generally curious of his car. Turns out he had a 2017 Camaro SS, 8 speed auto. From what he told me it has 400-something rear wheel.

The best part, though, was seeing the look on his face when he got out of his car. It was almost indescribable- like a cross between seeing Jesus and running over his dog. I introduced myself and we began to chat about the cars. He was like a kid at Christmas looking at the old snake. He was more interested in my car than telling me about his. So, I eventually walked him back to his car and asked about the SS. He just bought it and had 4,000 miles. He seemed a little frustrated and asked how he did- I said, "not bad- you're car is super nice." I didn't have the heart to tell him that I can't drive this monster yet- LOL!

We shook hands and parted ways. SS Camaro.... TERMINATED.. All I can say is- He asked for it.

Thanks for reading, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread