03cobra vs 04RoushCobra

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
Had a lil fun the other night with a buddy who had some mods put on his Roush Cobra to hit the 500rwhp club. i have the 03. We were running at aound 45 in third and went on 3. I started pulling him immediately and at 120ish had 1-2 on him. Ran again with same result. We went up to 50 or a lil more and I gave him the hit. At around 110 I had a car on him and still pulling. Same on last run. He was not very happy but he is cool and his car is fantastic.

My concern is I let out mainly because my car seem to hit a wall every time around 110-120. The rpms keep rising quickly but the mph seem to hault or taper way off. Any ideas? I plan to hit the tunner to check it out. Also I did have battery strength checked. Someone told me that could have been an issue. ar has a slight sputter at low rpms.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Nice runs!

My only question is who buys a Cobra Roush? What does it have on top of the Cobra package? How much do they cost? It seems like asking for extra cheese.:shrug: Am I off on this one, please educate me? :D

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Roushman said:
Had a lil fun the other night with a buddy who had some mods put on his Roush Cobra to hit the 500rwhp club. i have the 03. We were running at aound 45 in third and went on 3. I started pulling him immediately and at 120ish had 1-2 on him. Ran again with same result. We went up to 50 or a lil more and I gave him the hit. At around 110 I had a car on him and still pulling. Same on last run. He was not very happy but he is cool and his car is fantastic.

My concern is I let out mainly because my car seem to hit a wall every time around 110-120. The rpms keep rising quickly but the mph seem to hault or taper way off. Any ideas? I plan to hit the tunner to check it out. Also I did have battery strength checked. Someone told me that could have been an issue. ar has a slight sputter at low rpms.

SOUNDS LIKE BELT SLIP OR IT MAYBE CLUTCH SLIP, IT WILL SHOW UP AN THE DYNO PRINT OUT.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
Nice runs!

My only question is who buys a Cobra Roush? What does it have on top of the Cobra package? How much do they cost? It seems like asking for extra cheese.:shrug: Am I off on this one, please educate me? :D

I'm not entirely sure, but ask MysticRoushMan. I think that's his name. You can find him in page 5, 6, or 7 of the thread in smackdown titled "Daniel- Annoying Post Whore" or something to that effect.

He's one of the lucky ones in possesion of a Roush Mystichrome Cobra if I remember correctly...

Edit: Cancel that. Not the right member. I'm doing a search now to find out who it was.

Edit 2: Big nevermind. The member I'm thinking of, known on here as conway, has a Saleen Mystichrome Cobra. My bad for throwing off whoever read this before I edited it (most likely no one at this time of night).

If you are interested in that, here's the link to his thread. It's got pics somewhere in it http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345241&highlight=Roush

Again, my bad.

Last edited:

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
Nice runs!

Normal stage 3 Roush's would have a superior handling package. But on the Roush Cobra you get the body package and side exit exhaust. There are no other upgrades. He has always had rare cars like his 68? GTO. The Roush is 1 of only 5 for that year and he got it for the same price as an 04 cobra goes for.

Then again why does anyone buy anything............:shrug:

Jefe

Established Member
Better aerodynamics and much much much more rare. Wait ... doesnt he have juice?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
If it was a 440-A, then he'd definitely have a rare beast. Even though it doesn't have the Cobra configuration, it's lighter and has a rock crusher 5 speed short throw tranny. And let's not forget about the live axle.

Only 40 produced and sold in Florida. Definitely no match for a modded Cobra. Definitely not one to be modding, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread