03 Whipple Cobra vs 700whp M6

MineralCobra

Established Member
The weather was beautiful this past Tuesday with temps in the 70s, so the boys decided to head over to Mexico for some runs

There were several nice cars mostly newer M4s and a few AMGs, a built evo and my friend with a built Audi s4 on corn. My cobra was the only Domestic ca rthere... It was actually cool being different and bringing something differentto the table.

I locked it on with a newer M6 V8 twin turbo, car was tuned, downpipes, and E85 blend running on map 7, drag radials. Not sure if he had any other mods. Owner claimed he put down 700whp on the dyno.
We agreed to do a few pulls 1st pull was from 40mph, He honked it off and I pulled about a half a car of the hit and it stayed there until about 140mph. both 40mph rolls had same results.

Then we did a 60mph roll, we take off dead even and stay there till about170mph, he was possibly maybe a bumper ahead? but very very close. One huge advantage the M had was the dual clutch transmission, those things shift soquick its insane. If my shifting wasn’t on point the race could have turned out very ugly, very quickly lol

Came back to the spot shook hands and enjoyed the surprised looks on the crowds faces lol

Mods on the cobra:
2.3 whipple on Corn dynoed 694whp/635tq
96K miles on stock long block still kicking strong

Last edited:

badmpg03

Established Member
dayum! 170mph on the street in a stang is really racing man. What do you think you have a lambo? :)
I had a run in with one the other day. Agreed on the shifts, you have to nail them. Good stuff :beer:

MineralCobra

Established Member
dayum! 170mph on the street in a stang is really racing man. What do you think you have a lambo? :)
I had a run in with one the other day. Agreed on the shifts, you have to nail them. Good stuff :beer:

Lambo :D The american version lol

How did your run go?

badmpg03

Established Member
Late reply but went well, I had 2-3 cars on him till about 100. I think he was all stock. I am about 640whp on KB 2.2 on e85

Users who are viewing this thread