03 Whipple Cobra - Speedo Video

Intervention302

Established Member

Finally got my Cobra out of storage. Has been such a crazy year with COVID-19 and my work and life schedule. Close on a new home in 4 days after living with the in-laws for the last 7 weeks

I'm installing a 3" bassani catback next week and wanted to try to document inside cabin exhaust noise before the install, but forgot my gopro so had to use my cell.

Man, this car was just scaring me a bit to be honest. After driving my 191whp Fiesta ST all winter, I just wasn't ready for the power. But, definitely a great adrenaline rush. And that was on the pump gas low boost tune. I'm sure you guys have similar experiences after not driving it for a while.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I just kept looking at the boost gauge lol... thing moved so fast. It sounds awesome and it's nice to see these cars still running strong. I know what you mean about getting used to a car. I used to have a little Lexus IS200t as a daily with a 2.0L 4 cylinder and then jump in the Viper on the weekends. It was like a tack hammer vs a sledgehammer.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Sounds good! Pulls hard!

Congrats on the new house! Will be awesome to have your own space...and hopefully a garage for the Cobra!

badmpg03

Established Member
Nice!
It is the setup you have (gen 4?) over 900 +?
Also , got any pics with the new wheels?

03CRUSHER

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol 745 wheel on 18 psi and pump. Your car is badass man! Pulls hard AF.

Intervention302

Established Member
Jesus lol

Car pulls hard! Nice
Thanks bro
Lol 745 wheel on 18 psi and pump. Your car is badass man! Pulls hard AF.
Yeah it made pretty good numbers for pump. Gained 100whp over the last pump setup
Nice!
It is the setup you have (gen 4?) over 900 +?
Also , got any pics with the new wheels?
Only 745 on 93
Sounds good! Pulls hard!

Congrats on the new house! Will be awesome to have your own space...and hopefully a garage for the Cobra!
I sold my first home which did have a garage.

I close on my new place tomorrow!
I just kept looking at the boost gauge lol... thing moved so fast. It sounds awesome and it's nice to see these cars still running strong. I know what you mean about getting used to a car. I used to have a little Lexus IS200t as a daily with a 2.0L 4 cylinder and then jump in the Viper on the weekends. It was like a tack hammer vs a sledgehammer.
Yeah it's an on or off gauge basically haha

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
The Bassani is gonna rattle your teeth out. I had it on mine and it was LOUD! I was also 24 years old and loved every second of it!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I’m old school, I love the Mac flowpath systems on these SN95s, but borla comes in second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds good with that setup to me. Let us know how the 3" compares. Man, it's pulling like a 747! LOL. I can well imagine the adrenaline shock during the first pull after driving your FIST all winter.

I had a much lesser shock after driving my wife's 175hp Hyundai Kona all winter and then taking out my 365hp G-70. Nowhere near your comparison, but still a fun shock.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Definitely a beast. Sounds stout. Maybe upgrade to the new 3 0. Lol

Attachments

• received_540981359931716.jpeg
    received_540981359931716.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread