03 vs Z06

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
i think you should have pulled him all the way..

A 2.8 pullied cobra vs an intake exhaust Z06 :shrug:

you probably have almost 80+hp more

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Great looking video and thanks for posting. I did have a few observations of the 1st and 3rd race. Based off the time counter for the video, both races were longer than a 1/4 mile. The first race started with 7 seconds on the video and stopped at 23 seconds (total elapsed time 16 seconds). The third video started at 1:41 and ended at 1:59 (total esapsed time 18 seconds). Since both cars are easily capable of 13 second 1/4 mile times the race was longer than 1/4 mile. The Cobra was quickly gaining on the Z06 and passed the Z06 but well after the 1/4 mile mark. So if the race was to the 1/4 mile mark the Z06 wins both races, but if the race ended when the Cobra passed the Z06 (approximately at the 3/8 mile mark) then the Cobra wins both races.

yea umm you forgot that the z06 got the jump, would he get the jump in the 1/4 as well...:rollseyes , last i checked there were races longer than the 1/4 mile too

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
Originally posted by BayouVette
i think you should have pulled him all the way..

A 2.8 pullied cobra vs an intake exhaust Z06 :shrug:

you probably have almost 80+hp more

Once I stopped spinning, I did.

Vett-Klr

Established Member
You may have been spinning your tires, but you still had an advantage, his traction control was obviously on, had he put in in "Competative Driving" mode he would have gotten a bigger lead on you.
I've race quite a few Cobras (at the track) and I'm quite impressed with their top end, other than the Cobra's I'm pretty much able to pull away from everyone once we pass the 1/8th.
But the Corba's just never fade. Nice race, but I agree with the above, race only at the track, its more fun and safe.

BTW what will "Stock" Cobra run the quarter?
My Z ran 12.4's, but I've seen few stock Z's running in the 11's.

Squeeler92

Nice job for your FIRST TIME OUT. Those Z06's come with some damn sticky tires which allowed him to hook so easily. Once you get the launch and some quicker shifts going, you definetly have the power to beat him. Like many have stated before, you began reeling him in pretty quick the first and third(?) race. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

2000SALEEN

MG01SVT & Toplesss

Nice runs! Next time you guys are going out send me PM, I would like to hook up with you guys sometime. Everytime I go out on Green there is nobody out there!

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
sounds good, Toplesss and I are big vette fans. I will pm you.

A

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Awsome video. That Z06 looked great with those rims, and it sounded really nice.

bayouvette - :nonono: 80hp means nothing when the cobra is 400lbs heavier.

coopZ06 - they were not at the track, therefore, the race doesn't end at the 1/4. The race can go from 0-90mph, 0-150mph, 35-145mph, 50-170mph. . .. . .you get the idea. If the cobra had some tires, then a race in the 1/4 would be fair.

Vettkilr - the 03 cobra can run mid 12's stock. A few guys claimed 12.4 stock. But most people run between 12.5 - 12.9 with a stock cobra. Spend $1,500 and your running mid 11's.

With that said, that was a great video. The Z06 is an awsome car, they can be extremely fast.

cameron

Established Member
What are the rev-limiters like in the cobras? I personally would never let off the throttle to shift. I would find the sweet spot in the rpm's and grab a gear as fast as i could and never let off the throttle. just clutch and shifter. Good idea?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread