03 Terminator - Bought without Catalytic Converters

akula51

Me
Established Member
I picked up the white 03 Friday night, signing my life away since the previous owner removed the catalytic converters. I want to get this back to reasonably close to stock so I can get an extended warranty - I still have 16k miles and 9 months or so before the 3/36 runs out.

My question is this I guess - does anyone know if I need to go all the way back to stock to do this? If so, does anyone have stock CCs they can unload for a resaonable amount (since they...er...probably won't be on very long until I upgrade the exhaust)?

If I can 'get away' with an aftermarket solution, what's the way to go? I am probably not going to do much in the next year other than add a K&N FIPK intake and get up over 400rwhp. I was looking at the MBX4603-3 Bassani X-pipe with cats... I haven't searched extensively here like I should have, but I've got 7 days to get this legal again so I can pass emissions and get it registered in state (bought in IL).

Rob

RTR GHIG

Established Member
I would but the bassani x-pipe w/cats. That will get you past your emissions test and shouldn't void your warranty at all.

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
I agree, you could buy the Bassani or SLP X that comes with cats and straights pipes to swap back and forth.

BWH2003

Established Member
Guys this thread is from August 06. Im sure he has solved the problem by now. I dont know why you brought this thread up.

Users who are viewing this thread