03 SVT Focus ZX3 EAP Comp. Orange

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I picked this up this week. I love it so far. Big upgrade from my daily driver. A 94 honda civic hatch with no power anything and ac that hasnt worked in three years. It did have 267K on it though.

pics from the ad

focusside2.jpg

focusside.jpg

focusfront.jpg

focusback.jpg

focusinterior.jpg

cleaned up today along with the cobra

100_5448.jpg

100_5446.jpg

100_5451.jpg

qurtrn10

Established Member
Are you going to keep the wing? It's your car, so if you like it, great - but I think it destroys the rear lines of the car.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
well I don't know for sure. It's ok. But if I take it off I'll have to fill holes and paint the hatch. I wouldn't have added it my self but it's alright I think.
If I do any paint work in the future it will probably come off.

Last edited:

ChargedFocus

Established Member
Very nice. I wouldn't have added the spoiler either but some people do have different tastes. And I think I seen your cobra over at the food lion auto fair today. Looked around to say hi but I didn't see you there... Cobra looked great by the way.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
yeah I spent alot of time walking around and looking at all the stuff there. I was there with all the other yellow stangs up under the bleachers. Sorry I missed you.

ChargedFocus

Established Member
It's all good. And yeah, it was over with all those yellow stangs. Yours kinda really stood out, one of the nicest ones there IMO.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice focus, I'm thinkn to get one, put an app radio head unit, and some performance mods n keep it as a fun dd. Decent gas mileage so far?

Last edited:

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I just calculated a full tank yesterday. I drive mostly highway. some back roads and got 32.5 mpg. I'm liking it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's great. I wanna see where gas prices go from here to help me decide. My driver now is an fx35 and it's only good for about 17mpg, maybe 19 if I pull a pope style drive. If gas creeps up to Euro prices, I'll park/sell it and nab a clean 5 dr. I like the 3dr best but I'm always hauling buddies/customers/dry-cleaning orders.

How safe would 250hp be out of the stock zetech real world, do u know? I hear it's a 350hp capable block but I don't wanna find out the hard way if that's optimistic. I'd wanna do n/a mods like a built head with cams, intake, exhaust (catted, streetable, tune and maybe slightly higher compression (better mileage outta those mods too!)

rocket91

Established Member
im jealous, ben looking for svtf for the past few weeks and cannot find a comp orange or yellow. i am however going to look at a silver one tomorrow hopping to drive home with it. beautiful car thou both i miss my dads 03 cobra

BBCOBRA

Established Member
here is a yellow one in Colorado. Might be worth the drive.

[ame="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260340"]2003 Yellow SVT EAP CWP for sale. - Focus Fanatics[/ame]

BBCOBRA

Established Member

rocket91

Established Member
i love it too. i am having an issue with the factory sub the guy whom ownd it before me had an aftermarket set up and i can not get the factory one to work. any ideas ? ive check fuses and from what i can see all the wiring looks corect ( acording to mitchell) but im still getting nothing from the sub

ChargedFocus

Established Member
I can't believe your getting 32 mpg. I get 20-22 50/50 city highway mix with my supercharger and maybe a little spirited driving...

BBCOBRA

Established Member
i love it too. i am having an issue with the factory sub the guy whom ownd it before me had an aftermarket set up and i can not get the factory one to work. any ideas ? ive check fuses and from what i can see all the wiring looks corect ( acording to mitchell) but im still getting nothing from the sub

I've never even looked behind mine. Works just fine. I did have to swith out the cd player. Mine had a bad cd changer on it. I bought a used one from a member over on focusfanatics and it work great. the factory unit is just fine for me as long as it works.

I would just start by seeing if your getting the signal at the sub. use another speaker just to see if your getting any output. Just take it one step at a time from the head unit and back. May be just a broke wire some where or the original owner cut the wires and you've just missed where that is.

rocket91

Established Member
ive matched up all the wires and repaired the ones that needed it but i do not have access to a DMM at the moment but tues i go back to school and am in electrical and will continue my search. thanks for the info thou i might have to look into a used HU if i dont install my aftermarket one

Users who are viewing this thread