'03 Sonic Blue. Only 500 miles.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
I may regret this for the rest of my life, so I'm looking for serious buyers only to make offers.

Quick story of the car: I bought this car as a roller with under 100 original miles. The previous owner had taken the car apart to paint the drivetrain and put a lot of detail into it and create a dedicated show car. I came across the car while it was still apart and it was for sale. Everything in the drivetrain is original to the car. Motor, trans, rear.

The motor, trans and diff have all been painted sonic blue. The IRS was dropped out of the car as well and stuffed with all new MM and Steeda bushings. While the rear was out I sprayed the underside with a chassis black and painted the halfshafts as well. I have also installed a QA1 K member and will include the factory one. The front control arms have new MM bushings as well.

Along with all the new bushings, the suspension is H&R (super)sport springs, new front swaybar(MM? it's beefy and blue, and came with the car), and Steeda 4 bolt aluminum caster/camber plates. This car is amazingly tight.

The rest of the car is mostly stock with a 2lb Metco lower and Billetflow 2.93 upper and idler set. It has a catted stainless X pipe and stainless SLP catback. JDM tuned with SCT programmer. The CAI is unknown and I also installed focus pumps while the tank was down. The motor runs quiet and smooth. Clutch is stock but has a Steeda aliminum Clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster.

Interior is flawless and the only mod is an FRPP boost gauge and column mount pod. The exterior is absolutely amazing. There is a small scratch on the hood which was there when I bought it, and a small rock chip on the hood as well. This car is MINT otherwise.

Some other stuff worth noting:

Polished and ceramic coated Bellhousing, clutch cable cover, and intake manifold. Timing cover and master cylinder are chromed. Coils and alternator are brand new ford. Tanks and PS resevoir are Canton.

Pics of the work underneath: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265914

11.jpg

stuff007.jpg

stuff006.jpg

stuff004.jpg

stuff002.jpg

stuff008.jpg

cobra061.jpg

cobra062.jpg

cobra065.jpg

203-931-6178

Located in West Haven, CT 06516

-Jimmy

Last edited:

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Cobrafantic said:
Does it have a clear title?

Why is the hood green?

Thanks

There is a note on the car but I have the title in hand.

The hood is green because the original owner wanted something flashy I suppose. People like it in person. I like it in person as well.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
I may Ebay this thing with a $33,500 "buy it now or best offer" option.

Forgot to add that this car also has a Pro 5.0 shifter with a Steeda handle and a Billetflow diff brace. I also ave a set of the Billetflow IRS braces that are uninstalled. Pics of the underside should be up tonight.

-jimmy

Last edited:

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
This car will have a little under 600 miles on it after tonight. I drove it to work today and had some brand new 315/35/17 Nitto drag radials installed. I do plan on enjoying this car while I can. So far I have not gotten any serious offers on it, so if anyone is interested let me know. This will be the last bump by me in this thread.

-jimmy

new tires:

cobra069.gif

Complete w/ bugs...

cobra073.jpg

Last edited:

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
sleek_saleen said:
where is this car located?
I am in West Haven, CT. Zip is 06516

redfire550hp said:
Why does the car have a REPAIR plate on it??? I know they use those for salvages in Connecticut. Whats the deal???

They DO NOT use them specifically for salvages in CT!

I am co-owner/operator of a transmission repair shop. We use the plates primarily for road testing unregistered vehicles(i.e., a used car lot may have us do safety checks or repairs on UNREGISTERED vehicles before selling them to a customer.) You just can't roll around without a plate.

I run this car on the repair tag simply to avoid going to the f'n DMV. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread