'03 rear control-arms and/or bushings???

Angus

Established Member
'03 Cobra rear control-arms and/or bushings???

I'm looking to purchase either the '03 Cobra rear lower control arm bushings, or possibly the entire arms if the price is reasonable.

Anyone have part numbers or a good source for either the bushings or the arms? Is the bushing even available seperate from the arm??? My local Ford dealer says "NO", but they have been wrong 60%of the time.... :rolleyes:

PS: Polyurethane control arm bushings would be nice as well, but I can't seem to find a source for them.

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
hmm, somebody has to be offering poly bushings, have you tried Maximum Mototsports? I put Delrin bushings in my 01(Griggs Racing), not cheap but probly cheaper than replacing the lower control arms.

Brian

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
hmm, somebody has to be offering poly bushings, have you tried Maximum Mototsports? I put Delrin bushings in my 01(Griggs Racing), not cheap but probly cheaper than replacing the lower control arms.

Brian

How much increased noise/harshness did you get with the Delrin bushings???

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Angus
How much increased noise/harshness did you get with the Delrin bushings???

My car is slightly noisier than stock, but I attribute it more to the coil-overs than the bushings. I really doubt you would notice a nvh increase with just the bushing change, if you did it would be minimal.
To be honest, I am really not sure if the mod was totally worthwhile for the cost of it. I doubt I would spend the $ for Delrin again if something cheaper like poly was available (which it wasn't when I did the change).

Brian

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R

Brian

Spoke with MM today.
MM has IRS poly control arm bushings & control arms "In developement", but they won't be released until September or so.

Users who are viewing this thread