03 production pictures

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Since SVT reported that 5/8 was the first day of production.

and these pictures are all dated 5/9...

and they built 65 cars...

and they were building 40 cars a day...

That means that sometime on the 9th they stopped making Cobras.

I am sure that Ford wants to get them to us as soon as they can... before the Media catches wind of a production problem that is or people give up and start looking at alternative cars. And Ford isn't getting paid until they deliver... That's gotta hurt too...

Lets see, I could probably get a 5 or 6 year old 911 for $38k in good shape....

SPDFRK

Established Member
What?

Don't get me wrong I love Porsche's but.......

For the money you can't beat a Cobra!

They want $44k for that 89 Turbo that is crazy, I know a Porsche to a Ford is not realistic but for my hard earned money no way would I buy a 10+ year old car for that much $$$$!

Now if I could afford a 03 Turbo that would be Heaven!

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
True that this turbo is more likely only worth about 35k but just pointing out that they are out there and very easy to find...

Besides if I do decide to Blow off Ford....

Let say for a moment that its now the end of June and we still don't have any clue where the F*** our Cobras are...

What do I do then... I sure as hell don't want anything that anybody else is selling and at that point I wouldn't buy a Ford at all...

Being a member of the PCA I get the panorama magazine every month and would most likely buy a car from a club member near my home... but these were only meant to be examples of whats out there for the money...

And buy the way... yes a 10 year old turbo with 20000 miles on it is worth $35,000 all the way...

If you looked hard you could get a better deal than that even...

And they are hand built by elves...

SPDFRK

Established Member
From what it sounds like you are into Autocrossing or some sort of non 1/4 mile event. Either way can you honestly tell me you can't wait an extra month for your car. I understand the....they said June I want it in June...bit but please.

I would much rather have an 03 Cobra than an older 911! The Cobra will smoke every one of those weather it is 1/4mile, roadcourse, autocross, practicality, bang-4-buck,etc.!

I looked at a 89 911 Turbo and unless you are banking some serious money it is insane to even buy one.

Maintenance alone is crazy-Porsche parts from Germany are unreal. Let alone the older 911 had a 4-speed I forgot what years. I know a Cobra will never be a Porsche but lets be realistic at least!

Cobra all the way, even if it didn't come till August!:shrug:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Honestly, I am telling you that if June 23 comes and I still don't know when my car will be delivered that based on how upset I have become in the last 3 weeks, that yes I will be about done waiting and furthermore, if that date comes and I still don't have any answers that yes I would consider giving up and getting something else and yes that would include 10 year old low mileage Porsche 911's.

Most likely not verts, but turbo coupes. And yes I would rather throw a 911 turbo around a road course than a Mustang even if the mustang was faster.

But since I can't afford a $66000 car, I can't have a new 911. And since most new turbos are bought by Doctors and never really pushed hard and are well maintained they do hold up quite well.

Cat Breath

Established Member
Looks to me like the blower is sharing its belt with the alternator. Also looks like they used 4 idle/tensioner pulleys just for the blower belt.

Users who are viewing this thread