03 mach vs 2010 challenger SRT8

holzmach

Established Member
Base price vs base price ;) for the extra 20 grand spent to pick up a challenger stock (vs stock prices) the mach would be more classy and have 800hp if done right

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

class is what they are known for, not just the bad performance.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Well the problem with adding a CAI and catback on the 392's is you dont gain anything. So the truth is, believe it or not, a CAI catback 392 wont run any better than a stock one. Hell my (corrected) times are in the 11's bone stock. Corrected times are pretty much a waste. I dont even know why people bring them up.

There is a big difference in running in -1800da and positive 1800da.

S8ER01Z

Established Member

This... I honestly only view my DA and calculate on nights I'm running in 3000+ DA and I want to know if a 13.5 is off pace from what I should be running. If I punch the numbers and they are 'close' to what I would see in great conditions I just worry about getting better ETs instead of taking the car home and trying to figure out whats broke.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
So I can't add heated seats and in dash nav for 1300? I like my interior better so nothing I would really improve on besides that. Hell I could make the entire dash flow better for 200 bucks.. and still be quicker and still be lighter

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

You can add those things sure... you still won't have an balanced packaged like you get out of the box. Honestly I'm not sure it's even possible to achieve the smooth ride and interior 'quietness?' the SRT8s have without giving up a lot of handling/performance. I could spend a lot of money on interior upgrades and still not be on par with what dodge is putting out in a factory SRT8 these days.

It's the same argument people have with the new 5th gen camaro vs the 4th gen... cars are just built better now and to make an old one 'comparable' with a new one takes way too much effort and you still can't add some things to the old cars that the new ones come with. (general build quality itself is a big one). Just be happy with what you have and call it a day. :beer:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
:dw: this is one of the longest threads in the kill section with no actual race yet lol. We can go by what ifs all day but fact is we have to wait until they line them up which is friday

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member

Agreed, but I NEVER post a corrected time because its not a real time. Its just a calculation. Some of the calculated corrected times I have seen are just crazy wrong.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Agreed, but I NEVER post a corrected time because its not a real time. Its just a calculation. Some of the calculated corrected times I have seen are just crazy wrong.

Agree completely... I have a 12 second stock run corrected when I ran in really crappy conditions (3200~3400)..car never got close in actual perfect conditions (-100 to -300ft actual).

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
:dw: this is one of the longest threads in the kill section with no actual race yet lol. We can go by what ifs all day but fact is we have to wait until they line them up which is friday

Doubt it because he(so called challenger owner) is doubting he'll have the car by friday. Waiting for a "so called" buyer to come up with the mula

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Doubt it because he(so called challenger owner) is doubting he'll have the car by friday. Waiting for a "so called" buyer to come up with the mula

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

dam oh well

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Out of curiosity what is the fastest bolton 6.1 srt8. Also what about all out stock cubed 6.1 n/a record anybody?

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Out of curiosity what is the fastest bolton 6.1 srt8. Also what about all out stock cubed 6.1 n/a record anybody?

Not sure about the fastest bolt on 6.1 but the fastest N/A stock cubed 6.1 is in the mid 10's

willys srt8

Established Member
The fastest stock cubed, n/a car is Budoboy in his Charger. Although, it is relatively heavily modded.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTVOPYPDdHg&feature=bf_prev&list=UUTaLlf85Y-smHmoQZnuEWJg&lf=plcp"]10.96 run in my N/A 6.1L Hemi Charger SRT8 - YouTube[/nomedia]

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
*The object in racing a car is to find out which is faster, and/or who is the better driver. You don't get out of the car at the end of the quarter mile and say, "Man, those heated seats were more comfortable than yours." Price, options, and alternatives are not relevant.
If you feel you have a better VALUE for the money spent, that's great, but has nothing to do with the outcome of a RACE (it's not called a race and full car comparison test). If you want to compare VALUE, read a car comparison magazine.
I admit, I've said the same thing, but it was after a guy didn't take my advice when car shopping. He told me what he wanted, I gave options of a used cobra, ws6, Z28 in which he bought an Eclipse. After beating him in the Mach 1 I was able to say, "For the same price I have A/C, leather, reliability, potential etc." This case was different because price WAS relevant.
Money comparisons are only valid if the two people have the same budget..otherwise the rich guy can buy the SRT8 and all the parts the Mach 1 guy does. If on the same budget, it has more relevance (and the SRT8 guy can't sell his car and put the $20k difference into a project car and come out on top because that money is on a loan- he doesn't have it).
either way, what happens is the reality. It goes both ways and the SRT8 guys can say they still beat a Mach 1 with how much more they weigh.
In this case, I believe it- PIGS can fly.. even a little faster than a Mach 1:lol:

Deuuuce

Established Member
I disagree, the object in racing, for the most part, is to find out which car is faster. Hence manufacturer awards in racing, lap time articles in C&D & M&T, etc. Otherwise, it would ONLY be manual transmission cars from a dig.

You can certainly make it faster. But the biggest difference is weight and until you add additional wheelbase to the Mach or strip out the SRT-8, it's apples to oranges. If you want to compare pricing, use a GT500 if you're going to use a Mustang. Or, to the Mach, compare a V-6 Challenger.

Otherwise you're trying to put a price on the IRS, the 550rwhp capable 5speed auto, and a moonroof, usable rear seats, etc. You also need to add a big brake kit, larger wheels tires, dual zone climate control, side/curtain airbags, big power seats, integrated electronics for chassis control and interior luxury, etc.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread that Charger R/T's have gone 13.1 stock. I'm guessing that's the newer 370 horsepower version?

Users who are viewing this thread