03 Mach 1 vs 2013 GT500

DRK HRS

Established Member
Yeah, I lost lol. Still a good race because I've got a pretty decent weight advantage, I hung in there but he was pulling on me a bit the whole time. went from like 70-140 and it ended with him having a couple cars on me. He was breaking loose a bit at 90, scary shit!

Man those things are fast, I've never actually seen one run in person. I guess this kind of tells me how I'd do against a Hellcat too.

EDIT: No idea what his mods were, if any... sounded like at least exhaust.

Last edited:

DRK HRS

Established Member
Awesome you were able to hang so well! What are your mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 Cobra short block, P1SC @ 14 PSI, intercooler and supporting fuel mods etc. It makes a little under 500 whp. I don't know if I'm describing car lengths the right way. I meant there was about the length of a car between my front bumper and his rear bumper, maybe a little less.

I'll be getting a D1SC this summer, then maybe I'll run into him again lol.

DRK HRS

Established Member
I've never really been clear on what you call a car length, maybe I'm stupid. Do you measure lengths as the gap between the winner's rear and your front end, or length between front end and front end?

beastmar

Established Member
I've never really been clear on what you call a car length, maybe I'm stupid. Do you measure lengths as the gap between the winner's rear and your front end, or length between front end and front end?

It's measured from your front end to his front end. Just think if you were at the drag strip and the point is to get to the line the quickiest before your opponent gets there. If I won by a car length, his front bumper will be at my rear bumper.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Him beating you by a car length is his rear bumper at the end of your front bumper. Him beating you by half a car length is his rear bumper at your door.

It starts getting confusing at bus lengths and train lengths.

HandBanana

Established Member
Now imagine running a fat ole Shelby that puts a solid two buses on a bolt on 2013 :eek: Thats the shit I'm trying to make work on the street. Car is a ****ing animal.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Id say at your power levels/weight you are likely a 121-123 trap car. Stock 13/14 500s are 122-125 cars on average.

Guy might have had a axleback but probably no other mods. These things get real nasty with a couple of simple boltons and a tune.

1st gear goes to 65, 2nd gear goes to 95, 3rd gear goes to 135 and 4th goes to 175. I am bone stock and a couple of times while doing a quick highway blast, the car has broken loose going into 3rd gear (90ish).

Any pics of your car?

Users who are viewing this thread