03 Mach 1 motor swap into 02 GT

MuttStang

Established Member
Hey guys, new to this forum but I'm on a bunch of other ones - formerly GTStatus if anyone knows of me heh

Question!

I'm not extremely happy with my 2V GT motor; I'm thinking about swapping an '03 Mach 1 motor into it. Looking at the specs on both engines they're very similar, although of course not identical. I know for one I'd have to get a Mach 1 ECU, which isn't a problem. Any other suggestions or anything I should know about??

Thanks in advance ;)

-Candace
:burnout:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
No need to get a mach ecu, your stock gt ecu will run the motor but will have to be tuned. If you stay with the stock manifolds make sure the mach engine comes with them, the ones off the 2v won't fit.

Last edited:

pc_wildcat_65

I wanna go FAST!!!
Established Member
I did a 01 cobra motor into my 01 gt. Wasnt to bad, took about 4 days. I changed out the ecu-engine wireing harness, and picked up a ECU of ebay for $200. Only thing that sucked was the PATS system. I had my shop make a tune that disabled it for me.

MuttStang

Established Member
I was going to do a Cobra swap but my car is auto and I don't want a manual car. I was going to put it in anyway and just do a complete tranny overhaul but then I was informed of how expensive that would be and decided I had to go a different route. I'm not looking to build a racecar, just wanna be a little quicker than I am now. Thus, the 4V Mach1 motor > my 2V GT motor.

I might Supercharge in the future, but for now I'm just going one step at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread