03 Mach 1, Built motor, Eaton, T56 Mag, E85 return fuel, etc

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
***SOLD***

Have decided to part ways with this car, it's been quite a ride with it but right now I feel it's time to move on to other things and maybe get back in another mustang sometime down the road. I'll give as much detail as i possibly can and I'm sure over the next few days I'll come back to add in things I forgot.

2003 Mach 1
99,300 miles on body
2,500 miles on motor/clutch
2,000 miles on trans

Motor:
- FRPP Aluminator block
- Kellogg forged stroker crank
- Manley forged stroker rods
- Diamond forged stroker pistons -23cc dish (Diamond PN# 30061)
- Diamond pro-select steel rings gapped for boost (Diamond PN# 09053572)
- All ARP hardware throughout, main studs, rod bolts, etc
~ the short block was built by a speed shop called Paradise Motorsports in California, I purchased from an individual on this site who just had it freshly assembled at that shop, I do have a build sheet on hand for it ~
- Melling 10227 oil pump with billet gears
- MMR oil pan, windage tray, and pickup tube
- Cometic MLS head gaskets, stock thickness
- Roush-Yates 05+ 4V DC ported heads - 15% increase flow intake ports and 30% increase flow exhaust ports - these heads are truly a work of art and were my favorite part of the build
- Stock 03-04 cobra cams, followers, valvetrain etc
- ARP head studs
- FRPP timing set made specifically for aluminum block applications
- 03-04 Cobra valve covers powder coated wrinkle black
- Ported 03-04 Cobra Eaton blower, makes around 10lbs on this setup with 2.8 upper and stock lower
- Port matched throttle body and plenum
- ALL SUPPORTING PARTS ARE 03-04 COBRA PARTS, SIMILAR TO HAVING AN EATON SWAP MACH
- JLT intake
- BA 2400 MAF

Driveline:
- Mcleod aluminum flywheel
- Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch
- FRPP TOB
- New stock cobra clutch cable
- T56 Magnum
- Sonnax yoke
- Stock cobra aluminum driveshaft shortened 1.25" to accomodate T56 magnum
- All the regular modifications to make the Magnum setup work coming from a standard cobra T56
- 03-04 Cobra differential
- 3.90 gears
- 31 spline Strange SS axles

Fuel delivery:
- Aeromotive sump tank and return style system with -8an feed line and -6an return line
- Weldon DB2015A external fuel pump
- Aeromotive external fuel filter (cleanable type)
- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
- CPR fuel rails
- FRPP 80lb injectors
- E85 only at the moment

Exhaust:
- Mac ceramic coated long tubes
- Mac o/r H pipe with bung welded in for wideband
- Borla catback

MISC:
- Autometer boost gauge
- Innovate wideband
- SCT SF handheld tuner
- 04sleeper remote tuned
- 18x9/10 Magnum 500 wheels
- BFG G-force tires up front, Toyo R888 in rear
- New OEM brake rotors and pads all the way around in the last 3k miles
- Both rear axle seals replaced in the last 3k miles

Here is a link to my build thread which has pictures of everything!
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ker-Aluminator-Build-Picture-Heavy&highlight=

Car has a couple very minor scratches and two very small dents, one on the passenger rear quarter panel and another on the roof, both can be fixed easily just haven't had the time. I will try to get pictures of everything tomorrow. Interior is in good shape for 99k miles, no tears whatsoever just regular wear on the driver's seat. Front bumper, rear bumper, and side scoops have all had fresh paint recently due to fading over time. The AC works great but it has not been recharged since the new motor went in, so at the moment no AC until it gets recharged, then it blows plenty cold.

Everything is there to support a 4lb lower on this setup with E85 with no other mods needed other than a tune.

PLEASE NOTE: Car is only tuned for E85, I do NOT have a 93 tune for it. ALSO, it will be sold with stock mirrors, stock side skirts, and stock decklid!

mach7_zps6dqdqs2x.jpg

Located in Jackson, TN.

SOLD

Clean title in hand

Last edited:

fullthrtle

Established Member
This is a deal for the person that buys it. Good luck with the sale. Hate to see it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
Snapped a few pics last night finally on my cell... excuse the quality

sale2_zpsxdad18sf.jpg

sale1_zpseiimttym.jpg

sale4_zpsbeomtmsl.jpg

sale5_zpsyigx9z1x.jpg

sale6_zpsom1s8yj5.jpg

sale7_zpsdejswotu.jpg

sale3_zpsvu5puczw.jpg

Dent in quarter panel, best I could do to get it to show up. I could not get the smaller dent in the roof to show up on camera.
sale8_zpszwwjsie3.jpg

Last edited:

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
BUMP. AC is now charged and blowing ice cold. Car has stock mirrors and coil covers back on it.

I'm going to get to the bottom line on the price cause I have my eyes set on something else.

$15k takes it home :beer:

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member

Christianmiller456

Established Member
I know this is a dead thread, but Ive found someome selling this car on craigslist. Im setting up a test drive tomorrow. I cant wait! If all goes well I will respond with info about what has happened to it since it was last seen here. If anyone knows anything I should know before i spend 17k on it, please let me know lol. Im new to Fords, been an LS dude for a long time but looking for something new. Thanks for any help.

Christianmiller456

Established Member
The Craigslist seller was claiming 700hp, that’s WAY off from what an Eaton is capable of.
I was thinking the same thing, but its a very well built stroker with low comp. And only 10lbs of boost. Ill take it and get it tuned for pump gas because as of now its set up for E85 and find out just what its putting to the ground. With everything Ive read about the roush heads and the over bore running on E85 ethanol i think it might be pretty close if not a little over. Ill post a video no matter what, even if my feelimgs get hurt lol.... just give me a reason to go whipple...

Christianmiller456

Established Member
Well Ive finally got it home. Picked it up this week and going to set up a tune at Kurgans in Gainesille for a few weeks from now. Soon Ill be hunting a used 2.3 or 2.9 whipple but not until I can afford it lol, but Ive still gotta get used to what real power feels like, well I guess what I mean is 500rwhp or close to it. Its really fun, but can totally understand how you can crave more, the car is so fast that I cant control it under boost lol, but Id like to feel what a larger blower set up would feel like and how it would feel to be making boost sooner in the power band so its more gradual cause mine hits all at once it feels like and I break the tires loose. Honestly its too early to tell, I still need time to learn how to drive it and maybe learn how to get on it without getting too scwerly lol. Ill post numbers when I am at the dyno. This car is the most amazing thing Ive ever driven! God has really blessed me! Also its alot easier to sit around the world and read these forums from an outsiders perspective, when its your own car your talking about its so much more intimate and its humbled me because I used to make fun of people online that sounded lost on subjects, only to be standing in there same shoes, I never trolled anyone dont have the time, but I did make judgments on folks about their intelligence that I regret now lol! Ive never had problems taking care of other cars, but add a supercharger and its totally different, everything better be right and that is a weight to carry as well as a constant thought. Also it doesnt help matters that when you like something too much your afraid youll break it lol!

Users who are viewing this thread