03 lightning????

yellowbra

Established Member
Hey guys I have a 96 cobra and my buddy has a 03 lightning with a 6lbs lower pulley and a upgraded HE, TB, and CAI. He wants to know what he might be running at the track??? Stock exhaust stock tires stock everything else then what I put???

ducman996

Established Member
On stock tires probably a low 13, a high 12 might be possible with good track prep, cold air, and tires in newer condition. Hight 12's definitely possible with DR's.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
ducman996 said:
On stock tires probably a low 13, a high 12 might be possible with good track prep, cold air, and tires in newer condition. Hight 12's definitely possible with DR's.

low 13's with a 6lb lower? man i need to give driving leasons round this joint..

but yea if he can get it out without spinning mid 12's are pretty easy

bmfgsxr

Established Member
12's should be very easy with a 6, most people can hit that with a #4.

203Cree

Established Member
With out Tbars, I see a low 13 or a snapped ujoint, one of the two. He's not gonna be able to launch for shit.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
203Cree said:
With out Tbars, I see a low 13 or a snapped ujoint, one of the two. He's not gonna be able to launch for shit.

+1

6# lower, DR's and no T-Bars.... just waiting to break part of the driveshaft...

but high 12's should be were he is at.

203Cree

Established Member
Yes, he needs Tbars. Stock trucks can get away without them sometimes at the track, but pullied? Not a good idea unless he doesn't mind replacing shit.

yellowbra

Established Member
203Cree said:
Yes, he needs Tbars. Stock trucks can get away without them sometimes at the track, but pullied? Not a good idea unless he doesn't mind replacing shit.
what about if he doesn't really go to the track that often. Can he get away without having them for street driving??

203Cree

Established Member
yellowbra said:
what about if he doesn't really go to the track that often. Can he get away without having them for street driving??

Yeah, if he doesn't launch hard from stop lights.

Users who are viewing this thread