03 Gt rear Wing Options

layzie

Established Member
Hi!

I would like to remove my stock rear wing on my 2003 GT to make it look like the picture below. Is it simply a matter of removing the wing and filling/painting the holes or is there a kit out there?

craig-8.jpg

Gravik

Established Member
Get the holes filled and painted is the best option. Or if you are on the fence, you can get some rubber plugs for the trunk holes. That's what I did on my '01 GT, since I had the spoiler on and off quite a bit lol.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
The rubber plugs work great in case you change your mind... or you can junk yard an extra deck lid. Hopefully the paint under the wing will still match fairly well. IMO these cars look good with no or the termi spoilers.
FWIW mine had a stress crack in the sheetmetal under the wing when I pulled it off

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Had my holes filled and trunk repainted. Also got all the rear badges removed off the trunk at that time as well. Or if anything like he said, just put some plugs in it if you don't want it repainted.

photo-15.png

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Go to Bone yard and find one without the wing and have it painted or check on Craigslist for one as well.

I love the wingless look :dancenana:

layzie

Established Member
went to ace hardware and bought short nylon plugs already painted black with near flush tips. I believe they were 5/16 and 3/8. Put silicone around them and it looks great! thanks guys! =)

/close thread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread