03 gt 3rd gear problem

johntom

Established Member
Hey guys, ive been having this problem with 3rd gear lately, if i push the clutch ALL the way in and try to shift even somewhat fast into 3rd, it grinds a little going in. It doesnt do it whn i am very very gentle about putting it into 3rd though. Does anyone know what this might be so i could check it out and fix it?

ESVEETEE

Established Member
synchro.... the good news is its not fatal to the life of your transmission, i drove a car for many many many miles with a grinding 3rd gear.... however.... its annoying, and eventually might be worth fixing (especially if you intend on drag racing or power shifting, and it can potentially cause you to miss a shift that you otherwise wouldnt)

johntom

Established Member
02mineralgraygt sorry but i have no idea what you mean by the 3650 tsb. Could you or someone explain. Thats good to hear that it wont hurt the tranny cause im not working right now cause its baseball season. As of right now it doesnt affect me hitting 3rd gear, i just have to kinda slam it in there

DocHolliday01

Established Member
its the service bulliten (sp?) that was sent out for the tremec's grinding gears. if you car is still under warrenty i would take it in and have them fix it under warrenty, and hope they get it right the first time. my car went in twice for rebuilds and it still does it.

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
double clutch it before you shift and it should go in easier till you get it fixed

Users who are viewing this thread