03 F150 Harley Davidson

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
I'm in the market for a truck. I'm look'n at a 03 F150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC this weekend w/40k.
Is this a good truck? Reliable? Anybody here owns one & how do you like it? I'm planning to make it my daily driver.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Yes!

If you can stand all the badges, you'll be just fine. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I don't own one but know a couple of folks who do. They love them.

bugmenot

Established Member
My family owns one. Perfectly reliable truck. 100% stock and no problems with it. Though you may want to reconsider the daily driver aspect of it as gas mileage is not the greatest. Get the heated front seats. You may not think you need them, and you dont. But one day while its freezing cold out in SF and you jump into the car and push that button, it will all be worth it. If you have more questions you can PM me, or post here. Looking at the two tone or the solid black?

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
My family owns one. Perfectly reliable truck. 100% stock and no problems with it. Though you may want to reconsider the daily driver aspect of it as gas mileage is not the greatest. Get the heated front seats. You may not think you need them, and you dont. But one day while its freezing cold out in SF and you jump into the car and push that button, it will all be worth it. If you have more questions you can PM me, or post here. Looking at the two tone or the solid black?

I'm look'n at the 2 tone.

My wife loves her heated seat, so she'll like this one.

bugmenot

Established Member
Yeah, we have the black one, love the look of either. Two tone I think can look better, but out of the 3 or 4 I have seen the people have modified them with rims and changing the exhaust to exit out back. Stupid IMO, but their truck. Pretty low miles too. Ours had around 25k on it, but recently, past 2 years, its been driven everyday. How much are they looking to get for it? I think its one of the nicest trucks I've been in. Seats are comfortable, interior is well done, ride is smooth. Quality isnt quite the same as my grandparents escalade, but its damn close. There are a lot of badges, but thats part of the truck, its the 100 year of two great companies, what do you expect?

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
Let me help make up your mind, j/k....This is my buddies HD truck, it's super nice. The 22 inch Harley wheels look much better than the 20's IMO. I know of a few people with these trucks and they seem to like them.
harleytruck1.jpg

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
Let me help make up your mind, j/k....This is my buddies HD truck, it's super nice. The 22 inch Harley wheels look much better than the 20's IMO. I know of a few people with these trucks and they seem to like them.
harleytruck1.jpg

Nice!!!!!

This truck is the closest thing I can get to a Lightning. I need the extra seats for the lil ones.

EnglishAdam

Established Member
Got one in 2005 with 20k on it and it now has 36k.
Exported it back to the UK when my company transfered me and it's been completely reliable.

It also has a few mods :pepper:

Picnic033.jpg

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
Yep. One of the main reasons I picked up the Roush SCrew. Fast with plenty of room for 3 Broncos linemen. :thumbsup:

omg:eek: I just looked up the Roush Screw Stage 3... SICK!!:rockon:

EDIT: OMFG! I just looked up the 08 F150 Harley Davidson *drools*

If I don't get 03, I might get the 08.

Last edited:

bugmenot

Established Member
I dont like the newer ones. I personally do not think they look as good, sure the performance is there. Let us know what you do, and be sure to post some pics. When we wash our truck, I'll try and get some good pictures of it. Had a chance to right after it was detailed, but just didn't take the time to.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
omg:eek: I just looked up the Roush Screw Stage 3... SICK!!:rockon:

EDIT: OMFG! I just looked up the 08 F150 Harley Davidson *drools*

If I don't get 03, I might get the 08.

The new HD's just as fast as the 03's in stock trim. The '08 HD is just sick. :pepper:

And if you like the Roush, look at the 500RC. Totally COOOL.

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
Saw the 03 yesterday, I was pretty disappointed. Molested at such a young age (40k mile):nonono:

Went to the dealer & checked out the 07, sooooooo beautiful :rockon:. IDK if I want to spend that much though. I want to replace my 03 Cobra for a GT500. So if I buy the 07, no GT500 :(

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I have mine for sale and it is perfect...43K miles two tone $25000 it has a custom Borla exhaust..one of a kind systom..we will put a 6#lower and dyno tune for the price or sell it the way it is 864 332 0955
<-----pic

Users who are viewing this thread