03 f150 4v swap.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Well, 5 hours on the road, I'm happy with it. Somehow managed 11mpg total between loaded and unloaded. Very happy!
Snapchat-487340510.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Well, sadly gentleman the truck ate a transmission and developed a nasty oil leak from the passenger head gasket. Decided it was better to spend money on a down payment for a new truck over pouring money into an almost 20 year old truck with over 200k.

Sold and upgraded to a 14 FX4 ecoboost. Was hesitant to go with the 3.5 at first, but have been quite impressed with it.

Thanks for the follow guys!
20210105_123650.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member
37E9A79A-8F21-4D24-9519-DB0826B796D1.jpeg

I was hoping for a full how to write up for someone with little knowledge about swaps like myself. Would love to do this to my 03 step side. Im too attatched to it to let it go at 200k mi with a V6

Vic

I would not even try to swap that, way too much effort required for a novice

for those wondering - a 2 valve V8 from the factory truck to a navigator dohc is a direct bolt in and tune change (24# injectors on the dohc motor VS the 19# injectors on the sohc)

wire the IMRC to a hobbs switch or leave it wide open or closed and suffer the top end or bottom end performance decrease because the sohc ecm cannot run the imrc and the navvigator ecm won’t run the 4r70

I’ve done few of these swaps and would not do one in a truck used as a truck - a sohc 5.4 with an eaton m112 supercharger is a much better performer

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
View attachment 1683791

for those wondering - a 2 valve V8 from the factory truck to a navigator dohc is a direct bolt in and tune change (24# injectors on the dohc motor VS the 19# injectors on the sohc)

wire the IMRC to a hobbs switch or leave it wide open or closed and suffer the top end or bottom end performance decrease because the sohc ecm cannot run the imrc and the navvigator ecm won’t run the 4r70

I’ve done few of these swaps and would not do one in a truck used as a truck - a sohc 5.4 with an eaton m112 supercharger is a much better performer
I actually used it as a truck, and can honestly say I was quite impressed with it... Definitely an improvement over any 2v.

With an eaton swapped 2v I would worry about heat when pulling more than anything. A set of 4.10 gears minimum is suggested imo. However, id suggest that to any 2v truck as well. The 3.31, 3.55, and 3.73 ratios are just not enough for these trucks.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
View attachment 1683791

Also, for a novice, it would be very easy, as it is a basic plug and play swap that requires tuning.

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member
I actually used it as a truck, and can honestly say I was quite impressed with it... Definitely an improvement over any 2v.

With an eaton swapped 2v I would worry about heat when pulling more than anything. A set of 4.10 gears minimum is suggested imo. However, id suggest that to any 2v truck as well. The 3.31, 3.55, and 3.73 ratios are just not enough for these trucks.

I live in Texas, heat is not an issue

I’m curious as to how many trucks you’ve supercharged over the years????

Also, for a novice, it would be very easy, as it is a basic plug and play swap that requires tuning.

frame mounts, transmissions and complete truck rewiring is not exactly “plug-N-play” according to most folks it’s a lot easier to swap in a smallblock (302/351w) based motor than a modular from the 4.2 factory truck

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
I live in Texas, heat is not an issue

I’m curious as to how many trucks you’ve supercharged over the years????

frame mounts, transmissions and complete truck rewiring is not exactly “plug-N-play” according to most folks it’s a lot easier to swap in a smallblock (302/351w) based motor than a modular from the 4.2 factory truck
Dude, you're picking a fight over nothing.

This is a plug and play swap for v8 factory trucks. If you want to keep arguing, I'm not going to grace you with my time. I had literally less than $1000 total investment in this swap including tune. You want to show me a supercharger swap for less than 1k?

Users who are viewing this thread