03 DSG mach 1 feeler...

cobraprime

Established Member
03 DSG mach 1 13,500$

My second child just arrived! Yikes, I'm getting up there.

So, I'm looking to gauge interest in a 2003 DSG Auto Mach before I decide to actually pull the trigger and get rid of her. I'm not trading this car in so it can be bought by someone who does not appreciate what it is.

The car currently has 38k on it. Located in Cedar Falls, Iowa, the car is in heated storage with other muscle cars and motorcycles from November to May every year.

I bought this car from another forum member in the spring of 2008. I flew down to New Orleans from Iowa and drove her back. At the time, the car had 25k on her. That should be an indication that the car doesn't get driven much... little over 2k a year.

I drive to and from work on nice days, never in the rain (on purpose anyways, it has rained on me before), and NEVER in the winter. I take her to car shows (won a couple of them as well!) and she shines up real nice. The longest trip she's been on was an hour and a half ride (not counting the drive to home from initial pick up). Never left Iowa once she got here. I've never taken it to the track or done any serious racing with her, besides some stoplight fun here and there. One time long ago, I decided to see how fast I could get her up to on an open road. I think I pushed 130 before I said, ok, that's good enough to know, not trying that again lol. Never roasted the tires on her, but I have gotten the 3rd gear "chirp" from the tires if I get on her. I *almost* babied this car. It's my dream car, I love her. Took me 5 years to save up a down payment for her.

I have a daily driver of a 96 cougar xr7. Ive had that car since 97, right outta high school. She scoots around great, and gets the tar kicked outta her every winter. She's lasted this long, but I'm fairly certain the body is going to give out sooner or later... It's time to look into getting a 4 door car that can actually help transport the family instead of always using my wife's fusion.

mods)
Diablo Tuner with Tune (tuned before I bought her.. never changed it, never had to.
Cobra Front Bumper
HID lights and fogs
Visus Rear Louvers
Oil Seperator
Shaker intake spacer kit from someone on the boards here.. cant remember who made them. Was done prior to purchase. "roy"? maybe...
Headrests have been modified to have the mach 1 script in them, also by someone on here. Done before purchase. Sorry, I don't remember the names of the guys that offered these services.
Stainless Braided brake cables
Cobra Calipers
Terminator side scoop inserts
Different floormats (pretty sure I still have originals in a box somewhere)
Shift knob has been changed
Gauges have the chrome trim
It has some different shocks and struts, not sure of the brand, They are adjustable ones? Done prior to purchase, I do have the originals as well in boxes.
Magnum 500 rims 18x10 in back, 18x9's in front
Chrome door sill inserts
strut tower covers
lighted coin delete that says "mach 1"
Gauge chrome rings
I had the hood stripe painted on. It's beautiful.
The lower part of the back bumper is also filled in with black.
The rear bumper has black chrome Mustang Lettering, looks real sharp.
Terminator side scoop inserts.

This car was my pride and joy toy for the last 5 years. I don't need to let her go, but I think now is as good a time as any to here if anyone is interested in her. If she goes, I'd like her to go to someone who takes care of thier stuff and appreciates the car! I will eventually return to the mustang world, perhaps when my kids are a bit older.

Many pics through the years, and more up to date pics and a video walk around available. It does have a couple little chips from rocks in the front bumper, fairly small. Will gladly take pics of every known one (believe me, I keep track lol).

I'm looking for 15k, but am willing to listen to offers.

Please PM me here or email me at aaronjbuck @ G M a i l.com (remove spaces)

Thanks for reading all that!

Pictures available here:
2003 DSG Auto Mach 1 feeler.. - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

Last edited:

cobraprime

Established Member
image_zps71e5535f.jpg

image_zpsbee03b31.jpg

cobraprime

Established Member
Dropped the price to 14k, if anyone is interested at all.
I'm in eastern iowa. Will drive to meet you, or help with airfare to fly you here to pick up if serious about it.

Users who are viewing this thread