'03 Cobra vs. Z28

redfireconvrt

Established Member
Yeah, I know Z28 vs. '03 Cobra...big deal, but it was pretty exciting since I didn't even expect for him to jump on it and I had my air conditioning on full blast and totally screwed up the shifting. I thought I was actually going to lose since he gunned it before I did and then I hit the rev limiter in second...until I went to third and then I just flew by his A$$! I must have taken a good 2 car lengths in no time flat. Anyway, that's my kill...I know it isn't a 'vette or anything, but it was my first in this car and I did have the air on.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Originally posted by redfireconvrt
Yeah, I know Z28 vs. '03 Cobra...big deal, but it was pretty exciting since I didn't even expect for him to jump on it and I had my air conditioning on full blast and totally screwed up the shifting. I thought I was actually going to lose since he gunned it before I did and then I hit the rev limiter in second...until I went to third and then I just flew by his A$$! I must have taken a good 2 car lengths in no time flat. Anyway, that's my kill...I know it isn't a 'vette or anything, but it was my first in this car and I did have the air on.

:lol: Get used to it!

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Re: Re: '03 Cobra vs. Z28

Originally posted by fastball19
:lol: Get used to it!

Eh, no.

As for the post starter, nice kill, but what makes you think a Vette would have fared any better? Congrats on the kill.

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
SouthFL.02.SS, I guess I don't... beating a 'vette just sounds better to me than a z28

So, I take it that it would be all the more painful when a modded Z28 rips you a new hole, rather than a Vette. ;-)

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFL.02.SS
So, I take it that it would be all the more painful when a modded Z28 rips you a new hole, rather than a Vette. ;-)

I would love to see that, a street 28/vette rip me a new one.:rolleyes:

Konrad

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
I hope you did not register just to talk smack...

Not at all and sorry that I gave that impression. I'm here because I want to know the competition a little better.

Is that ok with you Mr. Mod? :beer:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by Konrad
Not at all and sorry that I gave that impression. I'm here because I want to know the competition a little better.

Is that ok with you Mr. Mod? :beer:

Let me help you out a bit. The competition needs about 300 bucks to throw down your dyno numbers, and less than you have spent to spin the rollers to the tune of 600whp with a table-like tq curve of aroud 530 from 2700 to 5000 on pump gas. That includes but 8 hours of work in my experience :beer:

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Originally posted by captain4g63
Let me help you out a bit. The competition needs about 300 bucks to throw down your dyno numbers, and less than you have spent to spin the rollers to the tune of 600whp with a table-like tq curve of aroud 530 from 2700 to 5000 on pump gas. That includes but 8 hours of work in my experience :beer:

All to run the same times as a heads/cam/juiced ls1. :lol:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFL.02.SS
All to run the same times as a heads/cam/juiced ls1. :lol:

Smile emerging over here. Head/cam/whocares, addsup to less that 550 rwhp and a lots uglier tq curve. The problem is the LS1's shit pisons and rods. Both are bricks (same mass roughly enough). The reality is that the Cobra is capable of more power on the stock LONG block. But then again to get any where near an 03 you need to pull the heads. $ for $ you can't bet forced induction.

Cliff notes: Keep hating, It will make it all better:cryying:

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Cliff notes: There's no hating on my end. I love Cobras. There are many wicked Terminators out there. There are also many wicked ls1 powered F-bods out there.
I think the post starter simlpy underestimates what a Z28 is capable of.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Good kill for the first time. Btw, I think the a/c compressor kicks off on wot, it might lag on for a sec never measured it. I'm sure you'll have many more kills and some defeats, it happens sometimes on the junk looking cars, most disheartning till you find out over 10k in the motor/tranny/suspension and 1k in the body. :beer:

simpman

game artist
Established Member

I had my air conditioning on full blast and totally screwed up the shifting......I did have the air on.

It's my understanding that the A/C turns off automatically when you hit WOT.

1Yellow03

Established Member
Good kill!! So this is your first in the Cobra. Look for many more, some people know that you can take them out, so they just run you for the fun of going down to a Cobra. What Mods do you have? O ya, taking out a Vette is no big thing, you can do that too!

redfireconvrt

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I never knew that the A/C cut off when at WOT. That makes sense. I didn't start out this thread to hate on anyone. I know that a properly modified Z28 could beat my car, but that is the exception and not the rule where I live. I was just surprised at how he kept up with me in the beginning since I think he was stock. Of course I don't know that, but he had the stock exhaust and nothing seemed to implicate otherwise. I would imagine my problems were traction and experience which were overcome by the big difference in horsepower... I have a bassani Xpipe and catback, K&N filter, and predator 93 octane tune. I haven't dynoed yet, but I am estimating close to 420 hp....maybe a hopeful estimate, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread