03 Cobra VS McLaren 570

MineralCobra

Established Member
It was a nice cool night here in NY this past Thursday. Took a ride with few friends to local meet to stretch the cobras legs out. Somehow talks took place to run against the McLaren 570 and the owner and I were both down for it.

*McLaren 570 with tune, down pipes and exhaust as per owners friends car is making in the 600whp range. and weights about 3100lb~

* My car 03 Cobra Vert with hard top on it. built motor 2.9 whipple 840whp~.

1st few runs were from 60 to 140mph and it was close...At top of every gear I would pull a fender ahead then when I shifted to 4th he would jump half a car ahead. By end of 4th I would even out and maybe be ahead by half a fender or bumper ahead. Quick little basterds they are lol

we did one 40mph pull and I hooked hard and jumped like a car ahead immediately but unfortunately missed 3rd gear. at that point we called it a night and returned to the spot.

nevertheless I was impressed by the McLaren and later look at the specs which surprised me. Stock they do 10.7 sec 1/4 mile @ 133mph. Tuned with downpipes exhaust they do 9.8 sec 1/4 mile @140mph. the 3ft flames they throw out are very impressive as well lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The McLaren is an impressive car. And your Cobra is impressive in its own right. I wish there was a video to commemorate the event. Thanks for sharing the night with us.

MineralCobra

Established Member
The McLaren is an impressive car. And your Cobra is impressive in its own right. I wish there was a video to commemorate the event. Thanks for sharing the night with us.

thanks CobraBob, It was very interesting night. Nice to see the Cobra hanging with $200k car. The suprise on peoples face is priceless especially in a convertible lol.

Unfortunately my gopro was on highframe setting and video came out in sonic speed. but on a good note one of my friends recorded from the back. here is a link!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZsCyEwFb1E/

Users who are viewing this thread