03 Cobra vs 2016ish audi s7

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Rs7's run 11.5 and trap low 120's stock. They are monsters from a dig. I've owned plenty of fast cars, and my tune-only rs7 feels faster in cold Wisconsin air than my full bolt-on, e85 GTR. These cars can put out 800lb/ft of torque with good gas on a TUNE ONLY. They've gone 10.6 and trapped 135mph with stock rubber on 21" wheels at 4400-ish lbs---with only a tune---think about that. the car is completely unassuming. Can't tell you how many times I've freight trained a mustang/corvette/wrx/whatever froma stoplight only to see a dumbfounded look on the drivers face when I slow down.

In terms of the original posters story, douchebags drive every make and model of car. Plenty of losers drive mustangs. Plain and simple, you'd have your work cut out for you running a stock s7 from a dig. They are awd, launch very, very well, and have a fast shifting twin clutch auto trans. And they are most certainly underrated in terms of power. From a roll, they aren't as fast, but they are no slouch at all.

An rs7 would murder you from any speed.

Last edited:

DropSVT

Established Member
Rs7's run 11.5 and trap low 120's stock. They are monsters from a dig. I've owned plenty of fast cars, and my tune-only rs7 feels faster in cold Wisconsin air than my full bolt-on, e85 GTR. These cars can put out 800lb/ft of torque with good gas on a TUNE ONLY. They've gone 10.6 and trapped 135mph with stock rubber on 21" wheels at 4400-ish lbs---with only a tune---think about that. the car is completely unassuming. Can't tell you how many times I've freight trained a mustang/corvette/wrx/whatever froma stoplight only to see a dumbfounded look on the drivers face when I slow down.

In terms of the original posters story, douchebags drive every make and model of car. Plenty of losers drive mustangs. Plain and simple, you'd have your work cut out for you running a stock s7 from a dig. They are awd, launch very, very well, and have a fast shifting twin clutch auto trans. And they are most certainly underrated in terms of power. From a roll, they aren't as fast, but they are no slouch at all.

An rs7 would murder you from any speed.
Hot damn 800 ftlb off a tune only. Why buy anything else.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
https://youtu.be/5i2yK0FxQO0

Pretty sure this guy has downpipes and a tune only. There's not much available for these cars, other than tune and downpipes, with 100 octane. Pretty sure he's on stock 21" wheels

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Little bit more then a pipe and tune on that Rs7 but it's a beast. Love how fast it cuts through those gears.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Little bit more then a pipe and tune on that Rs7 but it's a beast. Love how fast it cuts through those gears.

Honestly, pretty sure it's downpipes, tune, and race gas. That's about all that's available for these cars. Intakes and cat backs don't make power on these cars, there are no aftermarket turbos available, nor slicks---you can hear all the wheelspin on that car. Cat backs don't add power--most exhaust systems are dual mode systems like on Corvettes, so they sound loud at wot. My car is probably quite similar in terms of sound. It's a stage 2 car. Realize there aren't a ton of these cars to begin with---I'm pretty sure both stage 2 cars that have been to the strip have gone 10.3

energymonster

Established Member

Pretty sure this guy has downpipes and a tune only. There's not much available for these cars, other than tune and downpipes, with 100 octane. Pretty sure he's on stock 21" wheels

Way more then tune and downpipes only

- APR ECU Upgrade
- APR Cast Downpipes
- APR Map Sensors
- Awesome GTI inlet pipes
- TTE reworked stock turbos
- Miltek non-resonated catback
- RocEuro intake
- 20x10" Forgline GA1R wheels
- Michelin PS Cup2 295-30-20
- Tecnocraft carbon fiber driver seat w/ others removed
- Lightweight lithium battery
- Sunoco GT260+ Fuel

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Doesn't matter to be honest. They're so efficient and quick it would be game over unless you're doing around 130 or so. For comparison, I had to work to beat a tune/dp/intake RS7 from a 40-150 roll. Won by like 1.5 cars but it was close the entire time.
I think torque is in the 700 range. Cars are very efficient. IIRC, they go mid 11s and trap in the 123mph range at the 1/4.
I think torque is in the 700 range. Cars are very efficient. IIRC, they go mid 11s and trap in the 123mph range at the 1/4.
They're 560 to the crank, id like to see what it puts to the ground. And torque numbers are probably low for it as well. Now curiosity has me wanting to look up numbers.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Those cars are monsters from a dig. I work at an Audi Dealership and my 480whp Cobra cant hold on to a RS7 from a roll or a dig. He was intake/exhaust/tune though.
17 makes the same numbers. You thinking RS7?

yeah the rs7 and rs8 new ones are 600-700 crank hp stock, I know a guy who just bought a brand new rs7 euro edtion I belive its 700hp stock, he said tune only they are over a 700rwhp car, they are a 10 second car with tune only, I would say thats moving for a 4500lb luxury car, car and driver just did an article on them a guy with tune only rs7 was beating every thing at 1/2 and 1 mile event in vegas he was beating up modded z06s vipers and hell cats nothing touched the audi. and they trap in the 130 range with tune and bolt ons.

DRK HRS

Established Member
LOL nice kill. I love the white knuckles and adrenaline you get from a close race, but there's something to be said for just beating the absolute piss out of a cocky douchebag in an expensive car now and then. I did that a few months back to some ass in a new Porsche 911. He was with his wife or gf and wouldn't even glance over at me before we ran like I'm not in his league lol. Cheers!

EarvGotti

Established Member
these newer audi's are fun to play with, I had a similar kill in my 15 GT PP. I ran a RS5 and he thought he was tough shit and got walked on by a stock 15 GT PP, found out who he was and tagged him in a post on instagram and he actually confessed to losing and was cool with it!

Users who are viewing this thread