03 Cobra Vert vs FBO CL 55 AMG

MineralCobra

Established Member
Hey everyone,

Since my 2.3 whipple install few monthes back I didnt really have a chance to run anything fun around my area. So while hanging out with a few frinds, a friend of a friend comes with a CL 55 its 2003/2004 body style. The AMG is a FBO car headers, exhaust, bigger injectors, bigger TB and smallest pulli setup they offer. Also had a tranny tune. According to the driver the car is about 650hp and 700tq (crank). After we hanged out for a while we diecded to go for a few pulls. It was about 60* outside and car felt great.. I also put on my killer chiller to really cool down those temps before the pulls..

We did a total of 3 pulls 40mph to 140mph and all were very similar.. 2nd gear the amg hung in there well as soon I hit 3rd gear it was hual ass time by end of 4th it must have been at least 5+ cars ahead. I know the CL55 is a heavy car and tranny is not the quickest shifting tranny but those cars still hual ass and much respect to the AMG..

Just for refrence my car made 560whp/510tq on a dynojet.

Last edited:

XF-Driver

Established Member
Nice kill! Guy probably thought he'd have you lol

Unless my reading skills have dulled, it sounds like OP kinda hung in there, then got left pretty hard.

Those cars do quite well up top, all points considered.

MineralCobra

Established Member
Unless my reading skills have dulled, it sounds like OP kinda hung in there, then got left pretty hard.

Those cars do quite well up top, all points considered.

Sorry if my post was confusing, but the amg got left behind meaning I was ahead a few cars.

Users who are viewing this thread