Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Stock block, 7-8#'s and 350-400whp is the norm that I've seen on stock motors

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
155787_1596111815179_1007462601_31386949_2336224_n.jpg

155891_1596111935182_1007462601_31386950_1450825_n.jpg

:bowdown: not an import fan, but man that is just sexy

Im sorry but im have to jump on this too... I know just about everyone in my town who has a 10-9 second K1000 series, Type R, S ,P, G, ABCD, L M N O P
With 500-700-1500-2000-9000 hp, that can go to the moon in back in less then 10 seconds,

...however every single one of them are in the garage with a jack under them, and pieces everywhere...

exdeath

Established Member
When I encounter these red light situations, I like to let them get a jump on me for a sec or two before killing them. I'm a sensitive guy and like to let the ricers feel good for a little. Lol.

Yeah thats the greatest. Rolling it out to 40 before stomping it for traction, but if you have a loud exhaust they think you are WOT. Must suck thinking they were even with you the whole time until they realize you weren't in it when you actually hammer it.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'll chime in on what is safe/unsafe to run for extended periods of time on an RSX Type-S because I actually owned one. On stock internals, you can safely run 10psi with relatively no fear of your motor grenading overnight as long as you have a good tune. You can blow any motor up if your ignition and fuel tuning is whack. My numbers were lower because the Greddy turbo is small and I was running a relatively stock exhaust - I didn't want a fart can out back, it was meant to be a fun street/sleeper car.

With all that said, I've known and rolled with other RSX owners that were running 10-12psi boosted applications that were making 350-400whp on an untouched motor and had no issues for years, with multiple trips to the track and regular AutoX use. Anything north of 400whp and it's just a matter of time.

Most RSX's with 600+whp & slicks will run 10's all day long.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
:bowdown: not an import fan, but man that is just sexy

Im sorry but im have to jump on this too... I know just about everyone in my town who has a 10-9 second K1000 series, Type R, S ,P, G, ABCD, L M N O P
With 500-700-1500-2000-9000 hp, that can go to the moon in back in less then 10 seconds,

...however every single one of them are in the garage with a jack under them, and pieces everywhere...

Thanks, I hope the guy I sold it to has taken care of it, it was one of the cleanest RSX's in my area, and we had quite a group going between Southern & Northern VA. It was fun while it lasted, but I'd wanted a Mustang since I was 15.

I installed the turbo kit around 50k miles and I ran it with zero problems until I sold the car with almost 90k on it two years ago.

Wildman113

Established Member
Most RSX's with 600+whp & slicks will run 10's all day long.

In other words, a fully built car set up for drag racing.

You would need a fully forged engine build with a big turbo setup, aftermarket piggyback ECU, built transmission with LSD (LSD alone is $1500), drag axles, racing clutch setup, suspension completely reworked for drag racing with all subframe and control bushings upgraded, and drag wheels with slicks up front and skinnies in back - just to even think about getting that car to run those times. The built alone could be double the price of the car.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
No that build would be about the price of the car assuming we go off new car value. Now if you find a used one for 7k, then ya you can plan on it being double. Still, $22k to run 10's isn't that bad. A cobra build to get you there consistently will likely be 30k assuming a 17k used car as a starting point.

Wildman113

Established Member
No that build would be about the price of the car assuming we go off new car value. Now if you find a used one for 7k, then ya you can plan on it being double. Still, $22k to run 10's isn't that bad. A cobra build to get you there consistently will likely be 30k assuming a 17k used car as a starting point.

Difference is the Cobra will do it reliably, especially if its setup right.

The Honda won't. Its an economy car on a Civic chassis. Its like trying to put a square peg in a round hole, no matter what you do its not going to be an ideal drag car and its going to constantly break and be an endless money pit thats worth absolutely nothing when you're done with it.

serper3

Established Member

lol 13k to run 10s in a cobra consistently???

how about a sra swap, (should net you money), port, pulley combo, 75 wet shot, intake, exhaust, slicks?
check this article out:
2003 Mustang Cobra - 10-Second Terminator - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine
and yea you can drive the car out, race it hard as hell, drive it to work the next day etc...

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nitrous isn't consistent unless you only wanna run a huge tank and upto 10 runs. If you wanna play that game, then you can save $4.5k on the rsx build and run nitrous as well.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Difference is the Cobra will do it reliably, especially if its setup right.

The Honda won't. Its an economy car on a Civic chassis. Its like trying to put a square peg in a round hole, no matter what you do its not going to be an ideal drag car and its going to constantly break and be an endless money pit thats worth absolutely nothing when you're done with it.

Not to that extreme but you are generally right. That said, assuming a thorough 15k build, the Honda will do pretty well for a while. A lot of the bad buzz they have is because of incomplete builds being pushed too hard. As an example, a guy was telling me how he's running 400whp on stock hubs and shafts. He keeps blowing them up and replacing them rather than buying lvl 2 ones from dss. Also, a lot of them forgo tuning and live monitoring via truboosts or xyz livebands because they think they are safe boost wise and can't afford the tuning or gauges. As we all know tuning and monitoring is a turbo car's best friend.

Users who are viewing this thread