03 Cobra Twin Turbo Build

kevinflick03

Established Member
Just thought I might share my build with everyone. We started doing this build back in 2010 just after Pinks (where I broke a half shaft). The build has taken this long because I wanted to use the best of the best parts. We stated with the rear and swaped out the IRS and put in a solid axle. Parts:
95 GT rear axle housing with brakes and welded tubes
Alloy axles with longer studs
03-04 diff with 327 gears
sloted and drilled rotors
UPR coil over suspension with Lakewood 50/50's
With doing this I had several parts left over and thanks to SVTP and people like you, I was able to sale everything and use the money to fund this build.
Next I decided to go crazy and shoot for the stars so I bought an HP Twinn Turbo kit. I upgraded the bov's and waste gates and also upgraded the turbos to Precision's 62mm billet wheel turbo (x2). While the turbo kit was being made we pulled the 50k mile motor out of the car and decided to sale it (THANKS AGAIN SVTP) and go bigger. I found a smoking deal on a Ford Boss block and bought it. Then it was time for the internals.....
Parts:
Boss Modular Block
Manley forged pistons and forged I beam rods
Kellogge Stroker Crank
Final displacement 323 CI
By the time the motor was finished the turbo kit was delivered and mocked up. Next were the heads and cams, it took me a while to find the setup I wanted to run but we ended up with a set of custom Bullett Racing cams and stayed with the stock heads. That completes the long block. Next I found another killer deal for a complete Sullivan intake with rails. That completed the engine. Of course we powder coated all of teh parts we could.(See pics).
We had to have something for the motor to sit in so we pulled the stock k member down and installed one form QA1 that goes with the TT kit. Again we used UPR's coil over kits for the front with the stock shocks. Slotted and drilled rotors were aslo added.
Time for the tranny. This took the longest because I was torn between auto vs 6spd. They bith have there pros and cons but since I plan on driving this car I went with Tremecs new T56 Magnum. To help with the power we went with a McCloud (I hope I spelled it right) Twin disk clutch assembly.
I had to have something to roll on. I went through several styles of wheels as well as colors to end up with, I think is the best choice for the money) a set of Racestars 17x4.5 up front and 15x10 on the rear. Rears are wrapped with Mickey Thompson's 295/55/15 and the fornts are M and H 185/55/17.
I wanted my car to stand out with the top down. I started looking several months ago for a complete 10th ann interior at a cheap price and was happy to findd just about everything I needed was on SVTP. I still have several parts still to get to put this project to rest. I will update as soon as the car is complete. Thanks for reading.

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Very nice. I like the wheel/tire combo as well. When are you dyno'ing it? It should be a beast.

kevinflick03

Established Member
Very nice. I like the wheel/tire combo as well. When are you dyno'ing it? It should be a beast.

Thanks, it took me a while to choose the wheel combo. It still needs a few things before it will start but it's close, we are hoping the numbers are big. pushing for close to 30psi on race or meth and around 19psi for the street.

Users who are viewing this thread