03 cobra to new 5.0.....?

10thcoupe

Banned
anyone go from a 03 04 cobra to the new 5.0? i know totally dif cars,just wondering how you compare the 2,and if u are happy with the 5.0 i am thinking about going to get a new 5.0 sat but am afraid i wnt be happy with it like i was the 03 i had

ViciousJay

Established Member
anyone go from a 03 04 cobra to the new 5.0? i know totally dif cars,just wondering how you compare the 2,and if u are happy with the 5.0 i am thinking about going to get a new 5.0 sat but am afraid i wnt be happy with it like i was the 03 i had

ive had two cars since, but it has about the same pull as a stock cobra

grnenvy

Established Member
Hey

I sold my very fast 03 cobra 10 months ago. I loved the car but I new it was time for it to go. I really like the looks of the 03 cobra and once I lowered it and had 18s on it it was tough to beat in the looks department. I feel it's one of the best looking mustangs ever made.
My 2011 Gt is a whole nother beast! The car is superior in every aspect. Actually theres no comparison. The ride, handling, auto trans is just amazing. On the highway theres no sway or rough ride. My cobra always had a little vibration in the wheel and back end at high speeds. I can run around 100 mph and it feels like I'm going 70mph in the new car. I can't even explain it but it's just so much easier to drive. It also feels much safer at high speeds. I live in Florida and everyone runs 80-90 on the highway!
Do it you won't look back!

Entrenched

Established Member
cobra to 11 gt

I have both and love both for different reasons. My Cobra is going to be my drag car with big numbers being the goal. I bought my 2011 GT for a weekend car. It's a great all around car that handles great, has a comfortable interior, and runs very well with minimal bolt ons.

My best friend has an 03 Cobra and he wants to trade it in on an 11 GT after riding in mine!

wazslow

Established Member
I have a 2011 and I used to have an 03 Cobra. The only advantage I see in the Cobra is the stout shortblock and the factory blower, making for quick and easy hp. The 11 is far and away the better car in every other dept. And trust me, the 11 is no slouch, especially with some bolt ons and a tune!

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i had a bolt-on '03 cobra also... the 2011 is a better car in every way. sure, the cobra will be faster with very few mods. but the new mustang handles really good, rides great, and the transmission shifts nice and smooth (not notchy and clunky like the cobra). the interior is also really nice on the new mustang...

trendkilllx

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra (higher hp than stock) but am hoping they come out with a mustang gt with fordged internals (2012?), then will probably trade.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra (higher hp than stock) but am hoping they come out with a mustang gt with fordged internals (2012?), then will probably trade.

hold your breathe. and just cuz the cobra came with forged internals doesnt mean squat, i can probably name 20 people who burned a piston or warped a head....

trendkilllx

Established Member
just would like to be able to get around 600 rwh with bolt ons while keeping it smog legal on a daily driver without jumping up to the gt500 (like an 03 with a twinscrew). It might be possible with an 11 gt, not sure if anyone has done it yet.

wazslow

Established Member
just would like to be able to get around 600 rwh with bolt ons while keeping it smog legal on a daily driver without jumping up to the gt500 (like an 03 with a twinscrew). It might be possible with an 11 gt, not sure if anyone has done it yet.

Not a snowball's chance in hell unless you consider a blower a bolt on (i sure dont).

Users who are viewing this thread