03 cobra thinking of converting...few ??'s

03cobra5485

Established Member
So i was told to come check out this side of SVT for some help, i'm very new to e85... My mods are as follows..
2.2 Kb with 2.76 pulley & 100mm idler,
Kb boost a pump
Sctba
Accufab single blade
Borla cat back
60lb injectors
JLT rai
Pypes off rd h pipe
Fluidyne HE
stock lower pulleys
stock fuel system
26 spline input shaft
ram hd clutch
Billet flow irs brace
Urethane irs bushings

I'm looking for 650rwhp, i'm currently at 550 on a VERY conservative tune. I have been reading a few threads where people are actually keeping their fuel lines and/or pumps stock and still running e85. Would i need to upgrade if i'm only looking to reach 650? I plan on installing a 4lb lower and MAC long tubes. Thanks for any help!

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I'm no e85 expert, but the fuel lines should be fine...you definitely need bigger injectors at least 80's but I'd recommend 105's or better....also I think you will need bigger pumps because mine gave up the ghost on 110 with a small wet shot...e85 is more taxing.

bigmoose

Established Member
I have the same blower as you. I'm setup to run e85 now with a new system. I could have got away with "GT" pumps and the BAP at full with 80# injectors, but my tuner said it would drive much better with a return system. So i ended up going return with AEM 320e pumps, new hat, lines, filter, and 80# injectors.

03cobra5485

Established Member
I have the same blower as you. I'm setup to run e85 now with a new system. I could have got away with "GT" pumps and the BAP at full with 80# injectors, but my tuner said it would drive much better with a return system. So i ended up going return with AEM 320e pumps, new hat, lines, filter, and 80# injectors.

What were your numbers on the dyno? I am looking at pretty much the same setup minus the lines, are they necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread