Shifter?
Miles on trans?
Clutch cable and adj quadrant?
-J

First-on-race-day

Established Member

First-on-race-day

Established Member
Yea bro i can row some gears in a mt82 or a tr6060 camaro but i cant on this car yet. This is the Notchiest transmission ive ever felt
I have the same feeling as you. I'm coming from a coyote and learning how to drive the terminator. Definitely way easier to drive newer cars

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea bro i can row some gears in a mt82 or a tr6060 camaro but i cant on this car yet. This is the Notchiest transmission ive ever felt

These T56's are definitely notchy. I don't row through the gears as much as I should. So I seem to get rusty. This video is a few years ago with a promotion single disc clutch. I probably have average shifts. I now have a centerforce twin disc dyad that has about 1,400 miles on it. But I haven't rowed through all the gears with it yet.

I'm now running 21lbs.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

First-on-race-day

Established Member
These T56's are definitely notchy. I don't row through the gears as much as I should. So I seem to get rusty. This video is a few years ago with a promotion single disc clutch. I probably have average shifts. I now have a centerforce twin disc dyad that has about 1,400 miles on it. But I haven't rowed through all the gears with it yet.

I'm now running 21lbs.

Nice shifting brother

Albatross

Established Member
There is definitely a learning curve when it comes to driving a Terminator. I have had mine about 2 years now and I am just now getting the confidence to really DRIVE this beast. Part of my problem was having the pprv hesitation. I was scared to try and shift it fast because sometimes it would lean out and fall on its face. I deleted the pprv and now it drives like a dream. It's all about timing with the clutch, shifter, and throttle. I think everyone has their own style. You will get there @First-on-race-day. Practice practice practice. Keep at it my friend!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The T-56 is definitely more of a challenge shifting than newer transmissions. There are things you can do to help, but you've pretty much done all of them. Sometimes switching to a different transmission fluid helps.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
These T56's are definitely notchy. I don't row through the gears as much as I should. So I seem to get rusty. This video is a few years ago with a promotion single disc clutch. I probably have average shifts. I now have a centerforce twin disc dyad that has about 1,400 miles on it. But I haven't rowed through all the gears with it yet.......

Good shifts. ;) And that's quite the road, flat, straight and empty. Very nice!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Good shifts. ;) And that's quite the road, flat, straight and empty. Very nice!
Thanks man! A lot of straight roads in Minnesota!

Users who are viewing this thread