03 cobra on top gear track?

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
Here is vid from a camera car with my cobra doing warm up laps with GTR, 458, R8 s/c, carrera GT, etc. some average cars. Think you can here my s/c at :17 and see me at 2:27. Fun day out you guys should come over England and try being the "import" sometime. Need some help out here, there was an Enzo that massacred me and everyone else.

http://youtu.be/9hCtFJNsaLc

Last edited:

iczar1

Established Member
Here is vid from a camera car with my cobra doing warm up laps with GTR, 458, R8 s/c, carrera GT, etc. some average cars. Think you can here my s/c at :17 and see me at 2:27. Fun day out you guys should come over England and try being the "import" sometime. Need some help out here, there was an Enzo that massacred me and everyone else.

20 Supercars on the Top Gear Test Track - YouTube

Aren't you whippled? When are you coming back to DE? I still have a title you need to reclaim =P

derockgt

Established Member
man i would love to see Jeremy Clarksons view on a at least a pullied cobra. bet he would be raving how fun it is to drive around the top gear track!!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
man i would love to see Jeremy Clarksons view on a at least a pullied cobra. bet he would be raving how fun it is to drive around the top gear track!!

Not a chance - he'd be complaining about the noise, the shifter, the suspension being "rubbish" etc..... Even though he owns at least one American car (FGT) he will NEVER admit to liking them.

In fact he's gone as far as to sandbag with American cars during testing in a lame effort to prove the superiority of Euro cars (ie testing the Viper against the Z4 M series - same viper went around that track with a different driver almost 10 seconds faster.) He's entertaining but that's as far as it ends.

OP - sweet ride. Sounded amazing. Must have been fun with all those other cars out there!!

Last edited:

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
Thanks guys, sorry if it was posted earlier, not sure who did. I was the only americain import besides a few vipers. Even had few vipers compliment me though. My car was one of the loudest but the Enzo was ridiculas. For a million $ what do you expect i guess.

Track was modified for up to about a dozen cars to go on. It was a big circle, so all we did was left turns. This was a charity event ran by a car enthusiast UK site (petrolheadnirvana). this took place back in June on the 23 and 24. One thing about the brits they love their motors. A zonda, aventador, and a Konnisegg agura? made an appearance all owned by one guy who only allowed them on the track only when no one else was running.

If anyone is near Silverstone or London let me know. I'll be glad to show a fellow SVT around, even though the car scene differs a lot compared to the U.S. I am trying to extend my job here so i may be here another 3 years. Then hopefully i get back to East coast or FL.

Last edited:

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
Aren't you whippled? When are you coming back to DE? I still have a title you need to reclaim =P

For the time being, the motor is getting pulled next month for some upgrades. I have been eyeing up Gen 2 TT vipers. I really want a big hp car like 800rwhp bc of all these guys on sports bikes heckling people. Gary Javo's old tt viper is up forsale very tempting!! the famous one that beat turbo busa's and gsxr 1000s.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
He admited to liking the Zr1.

There are 3 Top Gear Videos that have the ZR1 in it. In ONE Clarkson says he liked it. The other 2 he spends copious amounts of time bashing it. He even bashed the FGT because he was having problems getting it started (allegedly) ....He goes out of his way to hate on American cars - as mentioned before, even to the point of making stuff up. Entertaining yes- elitist douchebag YES!!

lucheski

Established Member
There are 3 Top Gear Videos that have the ZR1 in it. In ONE Clarkson says he liked it. The other 2 he spends copious amounts of time bashing it. He even bashed the FGT because he was having problems getting it started (allegedly) ....He goes out of his way to hate on American cars - as mentioned before, even to the point of making stuff up. Entertaining yes- elitist douchebag YES!!

But it's guys like him that make our hobby so much fun I love hearing the excuses when their "superior" car can't seem to keep up in the real world

Users who are viewing this thread